Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what they give ya! Quite speedy as well.
You must be registered for see images

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my recall notice today in the mail. I wasn't sure when us Canadians would get it.

Now I need to make an appointment to get the hitch done and also the rear lower control arms recall.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was posted thus morning. I don't know of anyone yet in Colorado Springs that has got one yet, but the Faricy Boys website still says there waiting on Chrysler to "guide" them and are waiting on parts. That was on June 13, 2013.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new hitch on

Got the recall advisory last year. Got the actual recall notice last in July. Just got back from having the new hitch installed...:icon_lol:

Interesting thing is that they will do an inspection first. If the rails are rotted they won't do anything further. If you want the recall done and have rusted rails YOU will have to repair the rails first.

You get just the hitch, no wiring.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the recall advisory last year. Got the actual recall notice last in July. Just got back from having the new hitch installed...:icon_lol:

Interesting thing is that they will do an inspection first. If the rails are rotted they won't do anything further. If you want the recall done and have rusted rails YOU will have to repair the rails first.

You get just the hitch, no wiring.

On the recall it reads that they are responsible for fixing the rear two bolt holes. I think it would have to be severely rusty with possible weakness for them to deny. Of course a inspection can be subjective to each tech though.

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "repair" is that the run a tap into the holes. If the rails are rotted they take a bunch of pictures, fill out a ream of paperwork as to why they can't install the hitch and send it in. If the owner still wants the hitch they pay to repair the rot. I know the crew REAL well and they showed me some of the pictures, I wouldn't have even tried to attach anything to the rot.

They also inspect "other" brand hitches. If you have a 6 bolt hitch rated for 5000 or more in good shape with no sharp edges pointed at the tank, they will take a picture, file a different paper and send you on your way.

Will be installing the wiring this week.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's official for me now. I'm scheduled for my hitch on Monday. Anyone else in the Colorado Springs area, The Faricy Boys have the hitches in stock now and are scheduling appointments for next week.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed today. Just like the one pictured on the last page. Seems like it hugs the top of the tank so I'm not really sure what the point is...seems like you'd want it to cover more towards the bottom of the tank...

nwguy

Reaction score
HAS ANYONE else had this on the "NEW HITCH"

THEY installed the hitch on the wife's Liberty and then handed her a paper saying the hitch is not to be used as a hitch.
It is not designed to pull a trailer and her Liberty does not have the "EXTRA PARTS" needed to make it able to be used as a tow vehicle.

I told her that it was not only impossible to install a hitch you can't use but the liability attached to it would be horrendous.
She showed me the paper and that was basically what it said.

I haven't gotten into it deeper but I am.
HOW can you install a hitch on the back of a vehicle and then say do not use it because it won't work as a hitch. If that was the case they could just bolt in reinforcing and not make it a "hitch"

just curious if anyone else got a disclaimer like that?

mattw

Reaction score
THEY installed the hitch on the wife's Liberty and then handed her a paper saying the hitch is not to be used as a hitch.
It is not designed to pull a trailer and her Liberty does not have the "EXTRA PARTS" needed to make it able to be used as a tow vehicle.

I told her that it was not only impossible to install a hitch you can't use but the liability attached to it would be horrendous.
She showed me the paper and that was basically what it said.

I haven't gotten into it deeper but I am.
HOW can you install a hitch on the back of a vehicle and then say do not use it because it won't work as a hitch. If that was the case they could just bolt in reinforcing and not make it a "hitch"

just curious if anyone else got a disclaimer like that?

If it really can't be used as a hitch, there is no way the lawyers would have let them go forward with installing hitches. You are correct that it would open them up to tons of liability. What happens if you sell the Jeep with the "fake hitch" and the next person doesn't get the memo.

It's a hitch...install some wiring and tow away.

Geepster

Reaction score
Yes I saw the paper and since they don't install a wiring harness or tow package, it basically is just covering their butt from someone going out and pulling a trailer without any lights and getting into an accident. You know that someone is going to do that and I can hear them now..."well they gave me a hitch! How did I know you needed lights". There is a sticker on the receiver that gives you info on when you tow.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be very interested to see that paper work. I was not told anything like that and nothing in my paperwork suggest that.

I find it hard to believe that Chrysler would address one safety issue by installing a hitch that they then advise against using. Seems like your particular dealer is worried about the hitch being too weak.