Possible flipped slip yoke..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Is there any way to tell for sure which direction I should have the trans. slip yoke on the rear driveshaft.. or to tell if it is indeed flipped.
Recently did my u-joints and of course as many would guess by now.. I forgot to mark my driveshaft before I dropped it and started diving in..
Was able to identify which way to have the differential yoke by a yellow mark on it, and placed the driveshaft as I believe it was before.. pretty sure my sticker was facing up (not that this should matter if my driveshaft is correctly balanced).
But when it came to the transmission yoke I could not for the life of me figure out which side the keyed spline was on.. so I reattached the u-joints and prayed lol
Everything seems to feel okay, but there is some slight vibrations when I get above 60ish.. especially when slowing slightly down from 70.
Are there any other ways to tell??
Could be on correct, something has felt..just not right since that part of this project..

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've had my rear driveshaft off a bunch of times and have never marked anything. Right or wrong I don't know, never had vibes except one time the needle bearings got fawked up and cracked a few caps.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay.. I figured it probably wouldn't affect much being a single piece driveshaft but figure it's always better to check with those that have done this themselves.. who better to ask than fellow liberty owners??
If it doesn't make much of a difference, about to drop the driveshaft and flip the front yoke just to put my mind at ease about it lol.. if the wobble is still there, at least I'll know my problem is elsewhere..might have the balance checked on it if it still feels like the driveline after..
Only thing that concerns me is the vibration wasn't there before (at least not noticably) and it's now got its own annoying humm to go along with it.. also you only feel the vibration in the steering wheel and body.. not in the brakes

Members online

No members online now.