Positive Camber issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you can remove that knuckle spacer and your all set for getting the camber back into spec of raise the front/rear up another 2".

The camber is fine now that I Adjusted the front coil over so that they are lower than the rear, I just don't particularly like it.

I sent Marlin a link to this thread so he can get a better idea of what's going on. Hopefully he has something to say that will make everything magically better.

Ah no if you have a 6 inch lift you should be more in the 24.5-25 range I would think
Heck I'm at 23.25 in front :shrug:/ 23.5 in the rear
You're sure with the measurements ?
Of course it looks about like that with the way the CVs are sitting

I will go measure again but I'm pretty confident that was correct.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you adjusted it all the way down then I would think ride and handling would suffer some
Have you tried taking it higher to where it should be ?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're too low too. Heck, my problem is too much negative camber with my normal OME lift.
How about a pic of the whole thing. :)

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Here's another shot from the JBA website showing the front wheel well on a 6" lift. It doesn't look too much different from how mine is.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The picture shown above for one thing you don't know what size tire so makes it hard to see how much difference
Plus if your measurements are right then it is no where close to the above or 6 inch.
Couple of weeks ago I spent the whole weekend pretty much at JBAs display at the butler Jeep Fest. Saw the 6 inch lift on his and how it sits and if you are at 22 or so in the front you are way off, like 3 inches or so too low
LOOK at the angle of the CV then look at yours, yours are almost flat compared to the above

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gut feeling is to put the front higher by adjusting the front coil down to near the end of the threads instead of the upper end near near the mount.

Put c spacer in and turn it up till your level. i presume, you have 6 inch coils and no extra iso in rear.

With the height in first photo guessed on cv angles, it must be pretty high in the back compared to front.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a quick chat with Marlon, he proposed that I shave off a small wedge from the steering knuckle:

3500-steering-knuckle-modification-rear-view.jpg

He also took a couple snaps of what his lift looks like at 6":

3502-marlin-6-front-left.jpg

And...

3501-marlin-6-front-left.jpg

His measurements are 25" front and 24.5" rear. Mine are Front: 22.5" rear 23.5". Why is there such a large disparity between his measurements, front AND rear, and mine?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Darn 25 inches , and thats what I said it should be a few days ago :shrug::happy175:
Did you or someone else install yours first?
Did who ever installed it know what they were doing ?

Crank it down a few rounds and see if it raises it any. It should bring it up to where you need it

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a quick chat with Marlon, he proposed that I shave off a small wedge from the steering knuckle:

3500-steering-knuckle-modification-rear-view.jpg

He also took a couple snaps of what his lift looks like at 6":

3502-marlin-6-front-left.jpg

And...

His measurements are 25" front and 24.5" rear. Mine are Front: 22.5" rear 23.5". Why is there such a large disparity between his measurements, front AND rear, and mine?
Do not shave or modify the knuckle in any way as it will only weaken it and fail,just look google Rock Krawler 7up lift kit.

If you look at Marlins pics you will notice the top stop is cranked all they way down and yours is pretty far up at the top of the shock.Hence why yours is so much lower.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not shave or modify the knuckle in any way as it will only weaken it and fail,just look google Rock Krawler 7up lift kit.

If you look at Marlins pics you will notice the top stop is cranked all they way down and yours is pretty far up at the top of the shock.Hence why yours is so much lower.

And this is exactly the reason why I posted here first. I'm not comfortable with the idea of having to modify parts outside of what is provided in the original kit.

Sure I could modify the front according to the workaround that he provided, but that still leaves me an inch lower in the rear. I'm not even armored up yet (aside from the ARB front) and the kit is still brand new.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look at how much length he has on top of the spring compared to yours. That right there is where your height is being hidden.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The coilover is shipped without being sit up in the height it will be on the vehicle
someone never adjusted it out to where it should be , just installed it I would say

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issue fixed. I shaved 1/16" of the inside of the steering knuckle, which provided an additional 2 degrees of adjustable camber. Now measuring at 25.5" front, 24.5 rear (same as Marlin's specs).

It's still a work in progress, but here's a quick snapshot taken over the weekened:

3529-comayagua-honduras.jpg