Please Post Head Unit Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uctke283

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people aren't big on Sony but i have this and it sounds good has all the features I needed - built in blue tooth, external mic, ipod controls and aux/usb, as well as 3 preamp outputs...

the down side is that the USB is in the front, and that the dimmer is not automatic.

You must be registered for see images

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people aren't big on Sony but i have this and it sounds good has all the features I needed - built in blue tooth, external mic, ipod controls and aux/usb, as well as 3 preamp outputs...

the down side is that the USB is in the front, and that the dimmer is not automatic.

The deal with that one is that the buttons are BRIGHT blue and DO NOT DIM. Only the LCD dims.

Secondly, it beeps annoyingly every time you turn it off. You cannot disable it within the radio. I found a solution online with a small relay (really, 4 relays in one) so you can have it cut the speaker sound when the power cuts for the radio.

I was in love with this one until I found those two things out.

The JVC I got has everything that one does, plus more. Only downside is I don't think it looks quite as nice, and it doesn't have preset buttons.

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure to check your dimmer settings. There is one called "auto" that does it by time of day. That might be it. The manual (if anyone reads those things) isn't the best.

For some reason, it seems that when I set a "user" color (not one of the standard 30) it won't dim. I can dial it in almost perfect with the user color option - it matches the factory green almost perfectly, but won't dim. I have a preset color on now and the dimmer works, but the lighting is just a touch blue compared to the interior. I am actually using the timer feature as I commonly drive with my parking lamps on at daylight and dusk times and I don't want it dimmed then.

Same here. Between pandora, last.fm, and slacker, as long as I have decent cellular coverage, I really have no need for radio. It's hard to find radio (terrestrial or satellite) that plays *my* music. But then, the whole ipod craze left me dry, too. Too much work to keep the music fresh. The streaming stations concept is perfect for me.

Agreed - never kept my MP3 player current, too much work. Pandora has been great. I even set up a '90's station so I can jam to Vanilla Ice. :D

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/IMG]
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm still playing with the settings but so far I love it. Plus it's nice to be able to control the music with the iPod still.:cool:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
weeee, i love that screen, green matches everything else. That's a really nice HU.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, on these newer HUs, how do you get to the presets if there aren't any buttons?

Presets for the radio stations you do with the remote. Other presets for audio settings, ect. are done through the function buttom you see on the bottom right. It's one of the easier HU's I've bought that you could figure out how to navigate the menus without reading through the entire manual.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also scroll through the preset with the right knob. Right knob is not a knob, it is a 5 way rocker/directional button. You can set it to A) Auto Tune, B) Manual Tune, C) Preset. So when you hit right you go to Preset 1,2,3,4,.. You hit UP it is FM, you hit down it is AM. (This is the way on my kenwood, I think it is same with these) This can be adjusted in the settings.

I don't see the fascination with the preset buttons, especially when you have all numbers on the remote.

Last edited:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you don't have this exact one.:D Great minds think alike. I set the demo mode back on last night so my wife could watch it. Her remark was "Oh pretty colors.":p

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my NEW JVC stopped puytting out sound. :( A couple of times it has come on and just cut right out again. I'll call Crutchfield tomorrow for a replacement.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Getting rid of XM and that hideous tuner finally. Gotta hide these two things somewhere.

Alpine to Sirius adapter

SC-C1 Sirius tuner.

I'm going to likely try my XM antenna and see how it goes. If it works okay for now, I'll likely leave it there.

Anyone done this? Trying to remember how much room is behind the radio...

-Blu