Please Post Head Unit Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I am still beating myself up over the head unit...I just can't seem to find one that has everything that I want.

I found a JVC that I am interested in...it's able to have a green display, however, the buttons are blue.

Additionally, I saw a pic of a different JVC unit installed in a Wrangler and I think it looked awful - due to the curvature of the dash, it looked horrible. Is this how it looks in a KJ? If I remember correctly, my buddy's TJ had a different stereo, more of the old flat faced one. Is this just a stupid looking kit? Here's the pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

So, can you all post up some pics of what you have?

I am interested to see how it looks in the mounting plate from various angles.

I am also interested in seeing how blue backlighting looks with the rest of the dash at night.

I'd really appreciate it!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Newer TJs are more curved, older ones are not.
Partially because of the curvature of the now-old head units that came in the KJs and LHcars and whatnot

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are too picky. I thought I was bad, but this is WORSE.
What do you exactly what? You said nothing has everything you need...

We had a few topics on stereo pictures already. It doesn't hurt to have another one...

PS: No matter what you get, you have to get a proper dash adapter/kit. It is that kit which makes the difference. Obviously above kit was not made for this radio, but was just "OK" and worked...

Here is mine:
You must be registered for see images

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are too picky. I thought I was bad, but this is WORSE.
What do you exactly what? You said nothing has everything you need...

We had a few topics on stereo pictures already. It doesn't hurt to have another one...

PS: No matter what you get, you have to get a proper dash adapter/kit. It is that kit which makes the difference. Obviously above kit was not made for this radio, but was just "OK" and worked...

That one looks good.

In a perfect world, I want (in order of preference)
1 - it not to be fugly as hell
2 - 1/8" Aux Input
3 - preset buttons
4 - it to automatically dim when headlights are on
5 - green lighting to match the KJ interior lighting
6 - HD radio
7 - Bluetooth

6 and 7 can be added on later, so no biggie there. 1, 3, 4, and 5 are pretty difficult to find.
5 -

I've looked through all 37 pages of this electronics forum. I've seen pics. The only one that showed something at night was posted by you way back when, but the KJ had been converted to blue dash lighting (which looked awesome by the way!)

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the glare on the knobs, bad lighting in the garage.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I am really thinking I may go with the JVC Arsenal KD-ABT22

Supposedly the screen can be switched to green, looks like it has a lot of settings for customization...comes with built-in bluetooth, rear USB, and is HD ready. It has preset buttons too!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, gosh, I kept wondering why the thing was so huge then I realized thats a remote beside of it! It looks like its part of the radio!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, yeah Blake - seems this new JVC remote is really small, a lot of people complain about how small it is. Notice the hole for the keychain at the bottom. It's that small.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I like that LCD screen, but JVC has always been a walmart brand of stereos. Maybe I am wrong, but it just the impression.

PS: My lighting is not blue, I have no idea why that picture came out like that, but it was an old camera and old picture, somehow hue got all messed up. I know, it looks cool.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always bought JVC's - actually, I have never bought another brand of stereo and I've always liked them. I think this would be my 4th or 5th one in about 12 years.

Crazy pic then! It really looks all blue!

Oh, and here's a newer model with a similar screen - the KD-A805

The only thing I don't like about it is that there are no preset buttons, and if you get the HD tuner, you can't just scroll up and down...you have to actually enter a menu, or use the remote. I can see myself getting annoyed with that as I channel surf quite often.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well,
this has preset buttons:

Bluetooth, do you REALLY need it? I see no difference between BT and putting my phone on speakerphone and sticking it between the sunvisor and the ceiling.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree at the time ~2 years ago when I got my Pioneer DEH-4900, I could have paid mroe to get bluetooth installed, or got an upgraded Pioneer, but I would really much rather talk on my phone via holding it... just looks cooler and "OLD SCHOOL"
But here is mine!

sorry for the blurriness....
But it is really awesome and I can play/charge my nano with the provided hookup!(on the right side of the last pic)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
His phone: