Pics of KJs with clevis/spacer only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked around but I can't seem to find any pictures of Libertys with only clevis spacers or clevis and strut spacers installed... Anyone have pics to share?

I'm looking to raise up the sagging front end about an inch and a half and this seems like the best way to do it and I could put extra isolators in at the same time... Thanks for any replies!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pictures won't do much good since most have sagged 3/4 to 1.5 inches so they will all be different
Easy way to do it is to jack it up an inch or so
Most you'll get is 1.25 inches
3/4 from clevis
1/2 inch from top plate

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! I'm trying to decide what I want to do since I can't afford to throw $750+ at it for a proper lift. I think I may do this; trim the lower portion off the front bumper to make it look less nose-down and do the clevis and top plate in the front with an extra upper isolator or two in the rear... worst case I've spent $130 and I'm not satisfied, best case I've gained over an inch, have a better approach angle, and it's more visually appealing.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine after the install of new coils/shocks, 3/8" top plates, and 2 rear isos; along with the clevis.

The clevis and rear isos is pretty simple. But if you are going thru the trouble of putting a top plate in, you might as well do the coils also. JMO

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine after the install of new coils/shocks, 3/8" top plates, and 2 rear isos; along with the clevis.

The clevis and rear isos is pretty simple. But if you are going thru the trouble of putting a top plate in, you might as well do the coils also. JMO

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the response! I like the way yours sits, but I may just go for the isos and clevis if that's the case. I know it won't make much difference, but if I were going to put new shocks and coils on it I'd rather just do a full lift... The clevis combined with trimming my the lower air dam off my front bumper may be a cheap solution to an otherwise expensive problem. :shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not hard at all to do a top plate
just drop the spring/shock assembly down out, throw top plate on and back in
no spring compressors etc needed

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not hard at all to do a top plate
just drop the spring/shock assembly down out, throw top plate on and back in
no spring compressors etc needed

I didn't think there would be much to it but I'd never installed spacers before. Thanks for the clarification.

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just ordered four rear upper isolators, the 1/4" top plate, and 1/2" clevis spacers from JBA. If I can get 1.25-1.5" in the front and 1" in the back for $95+ shipping then I'll be happy. The hope is that when the time comes I should be able to run 30" tires or maybe narrow 31s in conjunction with my new wheels with 4" backspacing while spending less than $600 total on the lift, wheels, and lug nuts.

I'll be sure to post before and after pictures when the wheels and lift are installed. Everything seems pretty straightforward but if anyone has some tips to save time or busted knuckles I'm all ears. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All depends on how much your springs have already sagged down
I've seen 06-07s that have sagged over an inch from new stock height
so you may just get back to stock height

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All depends on how much your springs have already sagged down
I've seen 06-07s that have sagged over an inch from new stock height
so you may just get back to stock height

You're absolutely right, and mine are good and saggy. I don't have hardly any ground clearance. I went to an OHV park today and was on the skids the whole time practically.

I plan to eventually add OME coils and Bilstein shocks but I was hoping this would give me a bit more clearance until then. I'll have everything on next weekend hopefully. We'll see what happens. I figured worst case I'm not throwing any money away on a cheap lift that I will need to replace, since everything I bought can be used in conjunction with new coils and springs down the road.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Teraflex 2" (front top plates and rear coil spacers) and 245/75R16 tires.

Attachments

• IMG-20120528-00345.jpg
    IMG-20120528-00345.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 56

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the lift and wheels on today! I think it looks WAY better. The 4" backspacing is absolutely perfect for the wheels. It pushes the tires out to the edges of the fender flares where they should be and even makes the stupid little P-metric 29" tires look better. The overall stance is infinitely better than the stock wheels.

My $95 "lift kit" gave me just over 2" in the front and just under 2" in the rear. My front hub to fender measurement is now 20-1/8". I'm sure the isos will flatten down a little and the coils may settle down some again, but I don't see losing any more than 1/4-1/2" after that happens so I have easily picked up 1.5" all around. It rides a little bit differently, but I wouldn't say its worse, just different. It is nice and level, no significant rake to the front or back. I am definitely a happy camper!

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You're now an inch over new stock height,
so you had sagged quite a bit then
Has it been aligned yet? If not that will change the handling as well

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It hasn't been aligned. I will have to wait until Monday to get that done. It does drive straight going down the road but we are definitely taking it in for a proper alignment.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno if its just me, but it looks low in the front :Insane: