dual overhead trouble codes, but only one, unrelated symptom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago, my daughters Jeep Liberty was acting very strange. We were on the Highway going 75mph (the speed limit) and the the truck seemed like it was surging. The tachometer was showing the RPM fluctuating, but not enough to be shifting gears, but enough to unlock the torque converter. it was EXTREEMLY WINDY, and we were driving into the wind. So we got off of the highway and took back roads all the rest of the way home. At 55mph and below the truck acted completely normal. but when we got home, I pulled the transmission dipstick out of my (2005) Liberty and I checked the transmission fluid level just to be safe. And the transmission fluid level in her Lib was normal. And it looked, smelled and felt normal as well. So at that point we chalked it up to the weather. But, today, She was on the same highway, running the same speed, and it happened again. The weather today, is much calmer, with only a 5-10 mph breeze. so we checked for codes, and both my and O'Rileys obd scanners came up with the same 2 codes. a bad O2 heater (P0038) and a bad intake air temp sensor (P0113). I have known the O2 sensor had been bad for a while, but I HATE working on vehicles when it is cold outside. could either one or both of these cause the transmission (or torque converter, or engine computer or ???) to act up? her engine is NOT down on power, it leaves mine in the dust.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Try adding ATF4 over the full mark. Some dipsticks, like my '05, bottom out on the pan and give false readings.

Members online

No members online now.