Personal Protection Storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gr8stdane

Reaction score
Thanks guys, you've given me some good ideas. I was kind of hoping there was a solution like a lockbox/or drawer that fits the KJ like they have for the wrangler, but I'll try some of these and see how they work for me.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
there is nothing specific that i found.

i was preparing to get a locking gun safe and get soem foam to press the gun into to secure it. ( rattle proof)

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO, when I read the title for this post I wasn't thinking even remotely of hand gun storage, I thought you wanted some place to store your condoms (rotflmao)

You must be registered for see images attach

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, Americans and their gun culture. I don't get it. In my 38 years I have yet to see a firearm outside of a range or not holstered on the waist of a LEO.

Now don't go calling me all unedumakated and stuff, and please don't go on a tirade about 2nd Amendment rights. As a Canadian it just isn't something that we are accustomed to or regularly exposed to.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Man, Americans and their gun culture. I don't get it. In my 38 years I have yet to see a firearm outside of a range or not holstered on the waist of a LEO.

Now don't go calling me all unedumakated and stuff, and please don't go on a tirade about 2nd Amendment rights. As a Canadian it just isn't something that we are accustomed to or regularly exposed to.

Feels good, man :D

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
When I get my CC permit, I'ma just gonna have to pack illegally in these places, such as 'establishments serving alcoholic beverages'. It's a law that's designed (in my opinion) to make carrying logistically impossible.

Walking on the street, carrying. Someone says "hey, let's stop in and get a bite". Now what... you have to turn around, go home, drop the firearm off, and then go back?

Pff, they call it concealed carry for a reason.

Wow! I agree 100% I plan to do the same thing. I just didn't want to disclose it because I thought some people might just think I'm a stupid kid, but I'd much rather be caught with it and get in trouble than caught without and leave my self in danger.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score

Haha I'm not trying to be disrespectful but... You've heard of the thing "it's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand" well this is an American thing lol you wouldn't understand. It's the simple reason the continental United States has never been invaded. There is a gun behind every blade of grass, the invader would be fighting the civilian men, women, and even children not just the military.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Canada, most of your rights are written to allow "reasonable" restrictions, Aeh? Who decides what is reasonable Aeh? The power elite/government, not the people.

Now don't go calling me an anarchist, we're just different. Our bill of rights was a gift from a group of brilliant patriots who realized that all throughout history, Governments slowly but surely grab more and more power and subjugate their people into tyranny. And the 2nd Amendment is the people's last option to restore those rights, if they are ever taken away. (which history tells us is likely)

"Government is like fire. It is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master" - George Washington.

Aeh?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the simple reason the continental United States has never been invaded.

Funny you should mention that. Would seem that quite a few years back a bunch of unruly British subjects (now Canadian) burnt a good chunk of the White House.

if they are ever taken away. (which history tells us is likely)

"Government is like fire. It is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master" - George Washington.

Alright, enough with the "eh"s already. From what I understand many of your rights are already being eroded in the name of Homeland security.

Now before you all spout off about my being a dumb Canadian, all I know is what little I learned in school and what the media feeds me. I wouldn't know where to start to get unbiased views on the current state of the nation. My ignorance is probably my undoing.

I find the gun culture so widely accepted in the United States to be both frightening and fascinating. My comments were not meant to inflame certain sensitivities or be cause for a massive flaming attack that hasn't happened yet.

I admire the resolute manner in which the American people defend their rights. I just pray that one cause doesn't eclipse the fact that everywhere, here and south of the 49th included, rights get abuse or trampled on every moment of every day.

Washington was right. The government needs to be kept in check.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the 2nd Amendment is the people's last option to restore those rights, if they are ever taken away. (which history tells us is likely)

Aeh?

And the original intent of the 2nd amendment was so there would be an armed militia (of the people) to defend the rights of the people.

Dave

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. Would seem that quite a few years back a bunch of unruly British subjects (now Canadian) burnt a good chunk of the White House.

Easy now! lol I'm not trying to get you riled up, but up until a few weeks ago the genius' in Washington, D.C. didn't allow the citizens there to bare arms. Until the Supreme Court ruled it was unconstitutional. However, if I were from another country I would probably want to burn down the white house too due to all the disrespectful acts courtesy of our current president.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Could you rig up a little lock box that fits in the door storage compartment? Because it's definately big enough for a 1911.

2) "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a FREE state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Awesome. This is the one and only place in the entirety of the Constitution that anything is mentioned as being necessary. Also the only place that directly mentions the word "security"

3) We have lost a ton of our liberty, but I see people getting wise to it everywhere. It's only a matter of time before we vote out the disease and get back to being free to innovate, work hard, keep what we earn, stumble and learn to get back up on our own, etc.

(steps off soapbox)

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Could you rig up a little lock box that fits in the door storage compartment? Because it's definately big enough for a 1911.

2) "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a FREE state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Awesome. This is the one and only place in the entirety of the Constitution that anything is mentioned as being necessary. Also the only place that directly mentions the word "security"

3) We have lost a ton of our liberty, but I see people getting wise to it everywhere. It's only a matter of time before we vote out the disease and get back to being free to innovate, work hard, keep what we earn, stumble and learn to get back up on our own, etc.

(steps off soapbox)

That part is pretty easy to understand. Not really open to much interpretation if you ask me. Those founding father guys were pretty smart.

As for storage, if you are running into the bank or somewhere your firearm cannot go with, toss it under the seat or in the map pocket in the door. Anything long term it should be on your person or not in the Jeep.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
That part is pretty easy to understand. Not really open to much interpretation if you ask me. Those founding father guys were pretty smart.

As for storage, if you are running into the bank or somewhere your firearm cannot go with, toss it under the seat or in the map pocket in the door. Anything long term it should be on your person or not in the Jeep.

agreed(flagusa)

RenegadeMarine

Reaction score
I open carry my G19 on my hip in a Blackhawk Serpa everywhere I go! If I have to go in somewhere where I can't carry, I will put it in the center console or in the lock box I keep in the rear storage area, then re-holster when I return. I will not leave my firearm in the Jeep for an extended period of time or overnight. Your safest bet is to keep it holstered as much as possible. You gotta love the 2nd Amendment!!

Carry On

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I'll be a little more serious this time around.

You should be able to buy a secure fire resistant lock box that you can bolt down to the floor of your Jeep somewhere. I suggest on the floor of the rear storage area and store the ammunition separately. Some states require you do.

As far as the debate about gun control, that can best be discussed within the Off Topic section.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They tell you never to leave ammo in your car in the hot sun. The temp gets to be well over 100 inside, and the powder can get sticky and almost melt in a way. It transforms the quality of the powder. It might not happen for just 30 min, but leaving a spare mag in the glove box all the time will likely ruin that ammo. If you rely on that ammo in a defensive scenario, you may be hurt.

I once left a box of 5.56 in my range bag in the back of my old car, and it was fine after a week in late May, so I lucked out

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lock box under the seat would be great. From looking at the '06, I would probably put it under the driver's side rear seat (Jack is on the passenger's side)

I know, not extremly handy, but it seems to be the most room in an "out of site" location.

(dragging out my soapbox...)

It's just my opinion, but part of a "concealed " weapon is the ability to "conceal" it. I'm not going to try and hide a .50 Desert Eagle, or even a .45 Colt, but my smaller 380 fits nice in several small places. It only holds 5 rounds, but If I can't hit something at least three times with that, I have no bussiness "carring" it anyway...

(stepping down now)

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
A lock box under the seat would be great.

I agree^

IMHO, I don't think we should be bashing this guy about why or how he handles his weapon. Just offer your thoughts and move on. Politics and all that bull**** aside, staying on topic is always good.