Performance chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clackattack

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure whether or not your dealership can tell if a chip has ever been used on the ECU before? Ive read alot of things saying to just unplug the module before you take it in for maintnance/work and they wont be able to tell, then from other sources i hear that the dealership can plug into the onboard ECU and tell if another module or program has run on it. Or does there happen to be a module on the maket that is undetecable after being removed?

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
There is no CHIP per say, you send the ECU to be reflashed... They "could" tell if they compare original values to what they currently are. Never heard of anyone saying their dealer voided a warranty due to a reflash, not yet anyway. IF there is a CHIP or plug-in device for the Jeep, then point us in the right direction.

Those CHIPS on Ebay are NOT CHIPS, they are resistors that change cold air temp readings to COLD for a more rich fuel mixture, do NOT bother with those.

clackattack

Reaction score
so like the Jet Performance Module stage 1 is more or less worthless?

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to understand how the "Ultimate Tuning&Performance" chip(box), which apparently fits the resistor category claims to increase mileage as well as power. It claims to need a full drain and reset of the on board computer in order to get the right settings learned. I have as yet seen no difference in any of the specs, which raises the question whether or not this is a device to simply bring the peak all the time in stead of X-improvement across the board? If that makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.