Part numbers for skids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
First let me appoligize because I know this has dicussed before. I did a search and found an overwhelming number of posts.

I'm looking at putting skids on my '03 KJ. From the research I've done, these are the Mopar part numbers I need:

front suspension skid:82209026
transmission skid: 82210003
transfer case skid: 82209455
fuel tank skid: 82206122

can someone please confirm these part numbers for me.

This is according to http://www.jeepxjeep.com

TIA

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought some skids for my kj. Mopar doesn't make skids for 02-03 anymore except for the fuel tank skid. You have to buy skids for the 05+ models. The holes don't line up (not sure about the front) but you can drill new ones in the skid plate like i did. Also if you have the money go with aftermarket ones - they are better.
Here is the part numbers i used:

Front skid: not sure about this one as i already had one
transmission:82210003
Transfer case:82209455
fuel tank:82206122

The dealer couldn't get the transmission skid but i got it off ebay.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 52128539AC for the front skid plate (assuming a 3.7), but I have 52128925AC for the ******'s...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaffer, I have the Mopar skids on mine and got them from the dealer. No shipping charges as they get a parts truck in every day. I ordered them one day and they came in the next day to the dealer and I just picked them up. That's just how I did it.

The part # you are showing are the same as the numbers on my invoice. Mine is an 05. The prices when I got them on 4/24/06 were $115 for the gas tank skid and $49 each for the other 3. The mounting bolts were included. The ****** skid was a little thin but better than nothing. The aftermarket ones are beefier but also much more $$.

Dave

P S You have my cell# if you need 2 more hands or something.

Last edited:

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, only Mopar skids for 05+ KJ's are available anymore. They discontinued the ones for 02-04 KJ's. I think it's odd because most people start modifying their vehicles once the warranty goes bye-bye-.

I looked at the aftermarket skids and though they look much better, they're also much, much more expensive. For now I'll go with the Mopar skids.

I haven't ordered them yet, but I need help when I get them, I'll let you know Dave.

My girlfriend offered to buy them for me. Great gal. :D

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to drill new holes in all your skids, or just certain ones?

The gas tank skid works without modification. I don't know about the front skid since i already had that one.

For the transfer case skid i used the existing holes in the vehicle and had to drill 3 new holes in the skid plate. You could also drill holes in the crossmember and use the existing holes in the skid plate. If you do it this way you will protect the tc a little more but it will be more work because you will have to drill through 2 layers of hard metal.

The ****** skid i haven't had time to put it on yet but i bet it will need 2 holes drilled in the skid and cut out part of it to allow the exhaust pipe to pass through.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to place an order from Jeepxjeep.com for the skidplates I need, but when I call them, they state that they've closed.

I called my local Jeep dealer, but they said only the transmission and fuel take skids are available. The front suspension/engine skid is obselete, as is the transfer case skid.

Is there any other places online that sell them? I'd like to get all four from the same place if possible.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every Body Aticipates Your excellent answer
But you do not know if
After you speak they will answer
Yes
;)

Latest posts

Members online