P0700, p1775

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night the CEL lit up. As I knew my step-daughter had just filled it with gas, my first thought was to check the gas cap. It was in fact loose. I tightened it up, and hoped the light would go away. No luck.

When I got home I pulled the codes and got the following:

P0700-transmission Control System (mil Request)
P1775-solenoid Switch Valve Latched In Tcc Position

So... definitely not the gas cap.

I've read some of the other threads on here which mention these codes, although there's not much on the P1775. Sounds like the P0700 is a generic code which is indicating that the TCM has codes, which need to be read by a really expensive machine ;)

I cleared the codes, they haven't recurred and the Jeep seems to be driving fine, checked the trans fluid and the level is good... Should I be worried unless the light comes back on, or just get it checked out at a dealer?

Any further insight is appreciated! I will probably bite the bullet and get the local Jeep dealer to diagnose it anyways, better safe than sorry.

- Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
When was the last time (How many KM) since you serviced the transmission via flush or dealer drain?
I am not sure that taking it in after clearing the codes would now help.
I would drive it for a while, see if any problems develop or feel in the torque converter in the shifting department or if CE comes back on, then leave it on, and get it serviced then.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Oh No! ... maybe it was just gas :D

She'll be just fine! but ya .. I would take her in.

Good Luck you two

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
0700, i did not want to pay anything to the thief dealer who said "it could be anything I don't know, pay me $110 to find out, if major and covered under warranty there is another $100 deductable, if not covered or if minor, it is whatever it is plus labor" I reset my computer (i just left battery disconnected for 3 hours, not intentially, while fixing my radio) the code went away, drove about 500 miles since, the light did not come back. It may have been a fluke... my ****** shifts a bit slow though, may have been a time for ****** oil change. Isn't it every 30k anyway?