P0605 MIL on and trouble shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burgermccartney

Reaction score
I've got an 07 KJ cherokee 2.8 diesel automatic which is throwing an engine light. The engine control unit has code P0700 which pretty much says the trans is requesting the MIL. In the trans control unit it has P0605 internal read only memory error. I read somewhere that the possible causes would be
1. Poor power or earth circuit to TCM
2. Programming
3. TCM itself
I've tried clearing it with a scan tool and doing the old disconnect battery reset (fixed nothing surprise surprise)
It does look like some work has been done previously around the TCM as the harness clips are all broken and there's electrical tape on some bits so that's a bit suspect. Still can't see any obvious rub throughs. If someone has a pinout or wiring diagram for the diesel model KJ that would be much appreciated. Or if anyone has had this issue resolved before is it worth taking to the dealer to check for module updates?

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try looking here:

Service manuals, parts fiches, a couple of CRD-specific manuals.

You can get your car’s build sheet here by entering the VIN:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a very good link....I use it all the time!

Does not cover the 2007 models but the 2006 Manuals should be close enough although the wiring colors may be different.

Check all grounding points while you are working around there. ;)

Members online

No members online now.