2004 jeep liberty 3.7 P0700

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigwave

Reaction score
The check engine came on and I had to erase the code or dissconnt battery cable and then 4 mins later stuck in gear. Sometimes this code won't come up for a week or two and other days it's every 5 minutes. I have replaced the ECM. Question is where is the TCM I have searched and had no luck. What else would cause this?

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the KJ giving you issues. I am not sure where the TCM is on an 04.

But i’d like to give my advice. I had an issue with my 08 (see post).

Before you go down any rabbit hole and throwing parts. Get the KJ to a reputable automotive electronics expert. Be sure they can do a full scan of the system. My 08’s problem stemmed from the canbus system crashing (easiest explanation). Hopefully the scan diagnostics will give you a direction to go in.

Bigwave

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the KJ giving you issues. I am not sure where the TCM is on an 04.

But i’d like to give my advice. I had an issue with my 08 (see post).

Before you go down any rabbit hole and throwing parts. Get the KJ to a reputable automotive electronics expert. Be sure they can do a full scan of the system. My 08’s problem stemmed from the canbus system crashing (easiest explanation). Hopefully the scan diagnostics will give you a direction to go in.
After having diagnosed it read code P1776 Solenoid valve needs to be replace and I hear its a big job to replace