Owners Manual Compartment Usage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you Keep the owners manual in place or stash other stuff up in there?:icon_lol:
54251[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

It is about 10" wide and about 4" deep, so it does make for handy extra storage.
Not the best place but,I have even wondered if you could mount a mini CB radio in there?

Attachments

• Jeeps%20Manual%20Hidden%20Compartment2.jpg
    Jeeps%20Manual%20Hidden%20Compartment2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 0

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I keep my manual in there. Then any receipts for parts that could be warrantied are in the glove box.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya HJ I keep my manual & case in the driver's door pocket.
Also receipts insurance and other crap etc in the glove box.
Just tried putting a Led Maglite there ..lots of room!
54253[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Now all I got to do is wire a light into the glovebox, so you don't need the Maglite LOL.

Attachments

• Jeeps%20Manual%20Hidden%20Compartment.jpg
    Jeeps%20Manual%20Hidden%20Compartment.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
manual and vehicle registration and insurance in the slot. Tire pressure gauge, spare bulbs and fuses, and receipts in the glove compartment.

Bert

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
manual and vehicle registration and insurance in the slot. Tire pressure gauge, spare bulbs and fuses, and receipts in the glove compartment.

Bert

Same here.

Dave

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual in its little canvas thingy. Barely fits because of it, but I like it.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep the manual there. For whatever reason, I assume bad lighting and I am the perfect height for this to occur but I didn't find the manual and it's hiding place until I owned the car 3 years! Judging by the papers inside, neither did the dealer from whom I bought it. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new manual when I first bought my Jeep. I then saw the hiding place the next morning when I was cleaning out the interior. I still keep the manual in its canvas holder there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On the black 04 owners manual
on the 03 since previous owners had manual in the net on the right side in back, its still there. So thought that way I could keep my extra pile of 100s laying in there up front. :shrug:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the black 04 owners manual
on the 03 since previous owners had manual in the net on the right side in back, its still there. So thought that way I could keep my extra pile of 100s laying in there up front. :shrug:

No one will ever find your money there..........LOL

Dave

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owners manual down in the glove compartment, compact semi automatic in the manual slot[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 I bought has a locking lug on the spare. Previous owner said it was never used and did not know where the "key" socket was. Guess where I found it?

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my KJ the PO just gave me the manual in the canvas pouch. I got home and couldnt get the glovebox to close with the manual in the pouch. I was loosing my mind about how they could give you a manual that doesnt even fit in the glovebox!! I settled on underneath the back seat where i stash the jumper cables. Until I came on the forum one day and saw a post about the owners manual compartment. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the manual and the canvas pouch fit in that slot. LOL

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my KJ the PO just gave me the manual in the canvas pouch. I got home and couldnt get the glovebox to close with the manual in the pouch. I was loosing my mind about how they could give you a manual that doesnt even fit in the glovebox!! I settled on underneath the back seat where i stash the jumper cables. Until I came on the forum one day and saw a post about the owners manual compartment. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the manual and the canvas pouch fit in that slot. LOL

LOL.......................good forum, eh?

Dave

Latest posts

Members online