Other jeeps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Who owns other jeep brands besides the KJ /KK?

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ is the only Jeep now, but have had: TJ, XJ, JK 2 dr., and a Compass. All between the wife and myself in the past 6-8 years or so.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a '71 wagoneer about 20+ years ago. I miss it dearly... I think I just realized I'm old.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Since 1972 have had almost every model at some point in the drive way , up to KJs . Will never be a JK , later model ones etc sitting there though, NEVER . Well he** may freeze over but there are other manufactures to buy from at that point

wycowboy

Reaction score
I've owned a 48 CJ,
76 Grand Wagoneer, 84 and 85 Cherokee and a 2003 Grand Cherokee besides the KJ I own now.

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now the Libby and an xj and cj. I’ve had many other Jeeps over the years though. Several cj’s and at one time 4 xj’s and 2 cj’s sat at my shop. I’ve had pickups (full and midsize) full-size wagoneer’s and cherokee’s, cj6, 5, and 7’s, even a commando. I’m a jeepguy through and through and will always own one, I hope.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had the KJ. I live in England, and that's Land Rover country, and I didn't get on well with them in the Army. I had bikes! We bought our 2005 CRD in 2006, and have had it ever since. I liked the JK, but the 2 door was too small and the 4 door too large for our requirements, and the new JL when it comes in next year will be WAY too expensive. They are pricing it at the premium end of the market, and the start price for a basic 2 door is over £44,000. Not keen on the KL.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so all of you that have had just about every letter-combination Jeep model... which did you/do you like the best and why?

There are certainly "nicer", more luxerious, more off-road capable Jeeps than the KJ. So why/how did we all end up here, owning this one?

Curious questions to spur discussion.

Also, I've only ever owned my 03 KJ, bought in 2008 with 60,660 miles from the dealership I worked at. I'd like to own other models, just not at a place where that is practical.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All mopars here.... :gr_grin:

... only two of them are Jeeps - both KJs.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2004 KJ is gone

2012 WK2 in the garage.

Had a 1996 XJ before the KJ. (traded in with 240k on the clock)

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My favorite is the cj7 without a doubt. I really do like the kj though. I used to not like them much other than the looks. Then my wife made me buy one for her. I’ve fallen in love with the thing. I like it on and off-road. It’s really surprised me.

LostChord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 1989 YJ...long gone.

Currently three 2006 KJs :) and a 2016 WK2.

Favorite of the bunch?...my brother's 2006 TJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1989 XJ Laredo--Drove it to death 5 years ago
1990 XJ Laredo--It's parked out back
2007 KJ Sport--Bought it 2 weeks ago

The '89 XJ was my first car, and it may be my favorite out of the bunch. The oil pump failed around 285k miles at the same time my oil pressure gauge was on the fritz. 4" lift on 31s.

I'm liking the KJ, but it's got a long way to go. I've only owned those two XJs, and driving them is second nature after 10 years.

Latest posts

Members online