OscarMike/Howard Hughes Liberty Concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow , continue to impress me with your skills and also by what I am sure you are seeing in your mind and being able to fabricate that into a real work of art. Very few can do that.

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow , continue to impress me with your skills and also by what I am sure you are seeing in your mind and being able to fabricate that into a real work of art. Very few can do that.

Thanks again. :). It's very much an evolving project. I only wish I could create as fast with my hands as my minds eye. ;-)

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt, do you have a link or a website(please don't say facebook) of some of your Art Work? I would love to see some of your work.

Bert

I'm actually a wildlife artist. Which means I paint, draw, and photograph animals. I do exhibitions and gallery shows across the U.S.A. And I sell mostly originals to private collectors or through galleries. But I do have some older prints on an internet gallery. If you want I could private message you the address.

Thanks for the interest,

- Matt

Last edited:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread i know, but i had to say this thing is awesome. May not be perfect, but it's your design so you know there's nothing out there like it.
People are always going to say it's over the top or could've/should've done.. but it's the same concept as people watching overhaulin or a custom car show, people will always have to add their two cents, but in the end be envious of the finished product and the creativity/attention to detail to get it there.
In my opinion, awesome jeep and keeping adding to or modifying and building off the old projects. (biggthumpup)

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the love. :). I'm still very much working on it - it's a massive project. I recently removed the entire center console between the front seats, and then took off all of the silver trim I had already added to it, so that I could give all of the still exposed original plastic the same silver and rivets look.

And I removed the center caps from the renegade rims, sanded, painted, and clear coated them in a dark metallic red. Jeep likes to give their concept vehicles an accent color - usually red or orange. So I decided to add a little deep red here and there.

I'm also nearly finished remaking the renegade roof rack with old Nissan frontier parts.

And I added high end wheel spacers to the wheels to give it a more aggressive look and put the center of gravity back where it should be after having it lifted. It handles better than ever now. :)

I'll finally post photos as things get finished and reassembled on the jeep.

Thanks again for taking an interest in my labor of love. Lol.

- Matt

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to post some updated photos but this site only allows small picture files and won't let me post my current pics - it says they are too big. Grrrr.

Update: issue solved. Pictures continue to be posted later in thread.

Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not if I don't have to, but that is a possibility. I'll probably wait till the weather gets a little better and try retaking some photos with different settings on my phone. Hopefully I can get smaller files that way. But seriously, if anybody with any say is listening - this site should relax its file limits a bit. A limit under a 100 KB is too limiting given today's tech.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use postimage.org.
I couldn't find a file size limit on their site but a different site mentions 8MB.

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the compliments. :). I've done so much more to it too, and i've taken things to another level. But sadly I can't post pics anymore. Wish I could.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Why can't you post pics? Maybe someone can help you. :)

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Mentioned it earlier in the thread - i can't post pics because every jpeg I take with my phone now exceeps the max size of 97kb. I could post them on a different site with links here but that's just tedious. Oh well.

Update: problem solved. Pictures continue to be posted later in thread

Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found an app to reduce the size of my photos and I'm back in business. :). Here's a favorite pic of my renegade vs a lifted wrangler on 33s. I'm probably biased but I think mine looks just as aggressive.

Attachments

• IMG_20170507_3489.jpg
    IMG_20170507_3489.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 29

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted center caps

I painted all of my center caps metallic red, and changed the chrome lug nuts to black - even the lock lugs on the spare tire seen here.

Attachments

• IMG_20170507_52891.jpg
    IMG_20170507_52891.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door pull trim

After searching for months and months I finally found a recessed door pull the right size to use around the armrest pull holes. It only required a small amount of modification to fit perfectly. I think it really helps give the interior an updated and more high end look.

Attachments

• IMG_20170507_30329.jpg
    IMG_20170507_30329.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pillar covers

In this pic you can see the black acrylic pillar covers I added between the side windows. On a silver liberty with dark windows of similar size and shape I think it really helps break up the repetitive pillar/window/pillar/window/pillar/window/pillar design of the side profile. Especially when compared to the stock liberty in the background.

Attachments

• IMG_20170507_29284.jpg
    IMG_20170507_29284.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: