OscarMike/Howard Hughes Liberty Concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome detail work.

Dave

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks amazing, would you br willing to do a write up on the fog/headlight guards and the window button guards?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really admire your skill - looks great!

Question: You have a 'theme' going with the various light switches, including for the Renegade light bar. Did you replace the factory light bar switch? If so, what did you install in it's place? And does the dash light still work?

The relay in my factory switch took a dump and I want to replace it with a Carling-style switch but not sure of which configuration I need in order to wire in a new relay and keep the dash light and switch light operable.

Again, great job!

Bob

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim -
Maybe I'll be a case modder in this life. ;-). I'll add it to my list of creative pursuits. I paint, draw, and photograph. I reclaim vintage things and make furniture. I make frames, jewelry, random inventions, radio controlled vehicles and even rc ornithopters. Given my variety of creations, i've been told In another life I was probably Leonardo DaVinci. Lol

Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I like the "steampunk" type of look.

Yeah, I didn't necessary start out trying to do something Steampunk or Dieselpunk looking, but as i took things further and further, and had more fun with it, I did realize at one point that it did start to have a SciFi Dieselpunk look. So who knows maybe some comic con cosplayer will buy it from me. Lol

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impact guards

This looks amazing, would you br willing to do a write up on the fog/headlight guards and the window button guards?

The impact guards ( or window button guards) on the center console are actually matte chrome (which is basically satin silver) drawer pulls. They look just like old NASA or military control panel switch guards and the finish matches the console. Pretty awesome right? Lol. Where they put those buttons always annoyed me because you couldn't set anything there when you were getting into the vehicle. So I came up with that idea.

The fog light guards are actually rugged ridge headlight guards designed for the wrangler. While they are too small to fit the liberties headlights, with some careful and creative bending they can be made to fit very nicely around the liberties fog lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20160701_180004.jpg
    IMG_20160701_180004.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20160627_172859186_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160627_172859186_HDR.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20160629_163248439_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160629_163248439_HDR.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20160701_162702.jpg
    IMG_20160701_162702.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really admire your skill - looks great!

Question: You have a 'theme' going with the various light switches, including for the Renegade light bar. Did you replace the factory light bar switch? If so, what did you install in it's place? And does the dash light still work?

The relay in my factory switch took a dump and I want to replace it with a Carling-style switch but not sure of which configuration I need in order to wire in a new relay and keep the dash light and switch light operable.

Again, great job!

Bob

Thanks for the compliments Bob. :). My renegade didn't actually come with the light bar, so there was no original switch. I had the light bar installed on the roof. And I installed the switches in the dash. but one is not connected to the other yet, since the electrical work isn't finished. I'm not sure how it will all be wired up to work but I've been told that it will. Lol.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few touches are a bit garnish for me...but overall that's a really cool KJ.

Excellent work, very nice:winner_third_h4h:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want those wrangler vents. You should do a tutorial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you really like them. :). But it would be hard to explain in words and pictures what I did to modify them, and then make them fit perfectly. There was a lot of creative problem solving involved. ;-). It would be easier to show someone in person.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you really like them. :). But it would be hard to explain in words and pictures what I did to modify them, and then make them fit perfectly. There was a lot of creative problem solving involved. ;-). It would be easier to show someone in person.

Do a video :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree with all the positive comments! I love it and keep posting. The coolest thing about this thread is when you explain your work, (i.e. the drawer pulls), "ya, those are great!" I'm going to have to give some of these a shot!

Thanks for this thread
Bert

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree with all the positive comments! I love it and keep posting. The coolest thing about this thread is when you explain your work, (i.e. the drawer pulls), "ya, those are great!" I'm going to have to give some of these a shot!

Thanks for this thread
Bert

Thanks Bert! I know a lot of what I did is over the top and not practical, but like a lot of jeep concept vehicles, it wasn't meant to be. Lol. But there are always bits and pieces from those concepts that do eventually make it on to other vehicles. I think the impact guards I made with those pulls is a good example of something that jeep could have done.

- Matt

Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood star

Here is a nice photo of the Oscar Mike star I made for the hood. I wanted to use the actual Mopar decal for the hood, but i couldn't find a Mopar version in gray/graphite/charcoal color. Also the star made to be offset on the wrangler hood looked a little small centered on my liberty renegade hood. So I had the decal custom made to 23" and cut from top of the line metalic graphite gray vinyl. This stuff is guaranteed to last 12years outside! Then using the Mopar star as my pattern I hand cut the distressed lines into the star in exacting detail.
This is not a cheap eBay knockoff that has little detail and is going to fade and deteriorate.

Mounting it to the hood was tricky. While it may look in the photo like it was mounted too high on the hood, I assure you it just looks that way because of the wide angle lense of the camera. It was/is meticulously centered.

- Matt

Attachments

• IMG_20160714_165221065_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160714_165221065_HDR.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Members online