Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the whole Norwood thing when I was looking at Subarus a few months ago. Stopped in at Central Jeep, got a kinda sketchy feeling just walking the lot. Felt like people were watching me...lol. The sales people were way too slick, too, IMO.

Apparently, it was shipped sometime this past weekend, not on 4/1 like Chrysler told me. But my dealer still told me "not to be surprised if I hear from him by the end of the week and take delivery this weekend." I'm crossing my fingers that it's this weekend. I can't deal with this waiting anymore...lol.

raceinfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren if you bought your jeep from RALPHS on church st BECAREFUL I've heard some bad reports about them,I get my service done at SOMERSET CHRYSLER JEEP ( were I bought mine & my wifes) those guy's are the best as far as I'm conserned

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard the same....they pulled the bait & switch and "your financing fell through so now you have to refinance at a higher rate" scam on a good friend of the family. Somerset is a good dealership, but I ended up going to Randolph. My BF and 3 other members of his family got great deals there and know most of the sales staff. I had a really good experience. Tiny little dealership, but you wouldn't believe the volume they go through!

CoasterG

Reaction score
Have to say I loved the previous descriptions - very creative.

So are the natives getting even more restless since its Friday?

George

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe...thanks. I always wanted to have my own nature expedition show. Yes, the natives have become quite anxious, although they seem to be expecting a delay on the caravan's arrival, it seems the oracle's prediciton was a bit cloudy. The natives have heard nothing from the afore-mentioned oracle as of yet. They will continue to perform bizarre sacrificial rituals over the weekend in hopes that the caravan will arrive soon....lol.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shut your pie-hole! Lol.....j/k. Don't tease me! That's just too mean. I feel like I've been waiting years at this point...lol.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Flaren said:
Shut your pie-hole! Lol.....j/k. Don't tease me! That's just too mean. I feel like I've been waiting years at this point...lol.

he he...couldnt help it, been waiting a while to do it..got JJO a while back too....

O:)

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL.......Flaren....did u get ur baby this weekend? I just heard today that mine is not going to be built until the 28???!!! cryinghard.gif One person did tell me last week that since it is a fleet order that it would be built quicker than a regular order? Im confused!!! (Aeh) Im just ready to get the damn thing in because I am soooo tired of bummin rides of people!!!

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, no libby here..... (Aeh) The guy at the dealership is finally starting to lie to me. I called today since I hadn't heard anything this past week and I had been informed to "not be surprised if I took delivery this week," and he told me that he hadn't heard anything yet. I asked him for the rail car number (he had previously told me that it had a rail car number and had been shipped and to "expect it any day now"), and he said it didn't have one. He also told me that it was in the "KZL" stage. Well, after I got off the phone with him, I looked it up, and apparently, KZL means that it's completed, but hasn't shipped yet. This is starting to piss me off. Just give a straight frickin answer already! If it hasn't shipped yet, there's no way it's gonna be here by the 8 week mark, which is Thursday (56 days exactly). Do I get some sort of consolation prize when they're probably 2 weeks late getting me my Jeep? I'm starting to lose faith in this whole process and I don't think I'm even excited about it anymore. It feels like more of a pain in the ass and waste of my time than anything else.....but I digresss....sorry for bumming everyone out with my crankiness.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hang in there..it's gonna come...soon enough...
think of it this way..ur getting WHAT YOU wanted....what they try to shove down ur through off the lot...(not that's entirely bad and all...)...

u tripled up on that one post, so ima delete the xtras.....

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the delete...I kept getting "cannot find server" messages. Wasn't sure it got posted.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna call Chrysler direct tomorrow and tell them my dealer is being a complete tool and I'm not satisfied with the answers they're giving me and very strongly suggest that they give me correct information and a delivery date. I might even threaten the dealer with cancelling the order. Screw the $1000 deposit at this point. We'll see how they like the prospect of trying to sell a 6-speed manual Renny....

I'm getting more aggravated with this by the minute.....thanks for letting me vent, guys. I love you all!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, your dealer required a thousand dollar deposit. The going rate around here is five hundred dollars. That figure kind of shocked me. :-s

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it seemed a bit steep to me, too, but I got the same quote on that from 4 different dealers around here. Maybe it's a New England or MA thing. I dunno.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sorry that your dealer is being such a jerk, but are you sure you want to just give 'em a thousand dollars?

However, having said that, a call to DCX might just get you some better treatment, unless their is a problem noone is telling you about. :-k

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, that part is killing me. I really don't want to just give up a grand like that. I'm figuring that an unknown problem might be the case. All I want is a straight answer. I just want what I'm paying for, as I ordered it, when it is supposed to bedelivered to me. I have no clue how this turned into such a cluster-f@#k lately, but I hope it gets cleared up soon. This *****, cuz up until now, I had such a great experince with this dealer. Why they're now choosing to tell me stories is beyond me. I guess it had to happen, though. Everything was way too simple up to this point...lol.