Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
I was 7 in 1989...lol. Graduated just this past May, class of 04, so I'm just a young'un. But great area, and I loved the school. Gotta love "Stanley Beach" in the spring. =)

OUCH!

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup! I grew up and live in New Bedford, actually. I know, it sounds like I'm so old saying that, but I'm only 22...lol.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Flaren said:
Yup! I grew up and live in New Bedford, actually. I know, it sounds like I'm so old saying that, but I'm only 22...lol.

damn whippersnappers.....LoL(not that im that much older....26>27 in aug)
tho...when i turned 25.....someone ur age called me old.. ](*,)
"ew, ur a quarter of a century old..."

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
Flaren said:

That is harsh, as I am a couple of years older than you. (banghead)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
Flaren said:

That is harsh, as I am a couple of years older than you. (banghead)

that pretty much ruined my night...lucky me, jose, and johnny dont talk back, they make you feel good.... \:D/ O:)

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just got off the phone with the sales guy at the dealership. He asked me all about the options I want and so on. He said he'd get everything together and do something like a mock invoice so I could see everything all laid out when I go in on Thursday to sign all the paperwork. I also asked him about approximate delivery time on orders. He told me that specific customer orders take priority over any regular inventory orders that the dealership may have placed, and the same goes for DC and Jeep in general. He told me for some weird reason, Jeeps come in quicker than Chryslers. He also said that at their dealership, he's seen Jeeps come in in about 17 days! Woohoo! I haven't even ordered yet and the wait is already killing me....lol.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KJ in now on the way! Went to the dealership last night and put in the order. The sales manager kinda giggled at me when I told him I wanted to order a KJ with a manual ******. He said "Wow, I NEVER order these!" The other thing I'm fairly excited about is the awesome deal i got without even having to haggle. I just slapped down my Extra Credit 05 paperwork, a program I guess DC dreamed up to give new college grads a break on buying their first new car. It basically guarantees you a price 1% below factory invoice, not too shabby in my opinion. Here's how my price broke down:

2005 Liberty Renegade - Black, 6-speed Manual, D package, Sunroof
MSRP: $25, 735

Invoice: $24,509

After Rebates and EC05 Discount: $21, 734 =D>

I'm so excited I'm giddy (in case you can't tell....lol.) I also made sure I got the VON# so I can track it w/o having to bug the dealership every 2 days or so....lol. The one thing I forgot was to delete the light bar, but whatever. I'll see if it grows on me. If not, I guess I can always sell it on ebay. The dealer quoted me 6-8 weeks for delivery but added that most of their Jeeps come in well before that.

I guess now I'm finally on my way to actually being an official KJ owner. Woohoo! \:D/

P.S. Thanks for letting me get all my ridiculous excitement out. emoticondancer.gif

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about it yet. But I guess it's a good opportunity to see if I like it or not. I was getting hassled by the fam about how it looks "wicked stupid", nevermind the fact that I"m a chick and "Women don't need Jeeps," according to my darling father....lol. It's already kinda starting to grow on me a bit. I looked at a few more pics of KJs w/ the stock lightbar and I think I'm starting to like the look. The lights actually would be useful for me. I run an outdoors club for kids at the highschool I work at, and we're always heading out into the woods to go camping and whatnot. It'd be great to coming hauling ass up a hill with all the lights on and scare the bejeebies out of them....lol. I'll leave it on for a while and see how I like it. And you can bet your butt I'll be posting her baby pictures as soon as she gets here! (Yes, I've already decided she's a girl and her name is Libby....hehe.) Signed up for my L.O.S.T. number this morning, too. Now I just have to stop myself from calling DC twice a day to check on the progress #-o ...hehe.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
I like the lightbar, if I went outdoors more, or didnt live in the city, i'd get one installed....(still kicking myself for not getting the black renny)
did u get the stickers too?

wicked stupid eh...u should show them bennetts jeep...LoL

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you mean the LOST stickers, not yet, but I'll definitely be ordering some! I think the plain black and white ones should look nice. I also wanna get one of the ones that say "Got Mud?" I was always the kid playing in mud puddles when I was little...seems appropriate....hehe.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, this is killing me. I wanna call DC today, but it's only been 3 days since I ordered! ](*,) Lol.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you that had ordered Jeeps, how long did you wait before calling Chrysler to check what stage your Jeep was in? Just curious. I don't wanna call too early and sound like an over-excited nut-case (even though I am!) silly.gif

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the week after my order. I then called once or twice a week thereafter.

I got my order in about 30 days.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....not bad. I'll try calling Thursday or so. What did you ask them when you called to get the info?

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told them my VON number (your order number from the dealer), name, address, and they gave me my VIN the first time. Then every time after that, they only asked for the VIN for a status.