Opportunity...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to have to go and talk with the bank for a lien release and go to probate court to "maybe" have it awarded to me. Idk seems like a giant hassle but maybe I'll make a call tomorrow and see what my chances are. DMV can't help, titled is messed up from previous sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At that price, it's worth it if it costs you less than a few thousand in time and actual money.

As to the bank lein, and probate... if it's all on the up and up, just confused and paperwork messed up, it should be simple for the court and banks to straighten it all out.

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At that price, it's worth it if it costs you less than a few thousand in time and actual money.

As to the bank lein, and probate... if it's all on the up and up, just confused and paperwork messed up, it should be simple for the court and banks to straighten it all out.

What the hell, I'll call the bank today and start there. Maybe it will be simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the Jeep was at a shop, does that mean they "inherited" it from the owner who either left it, or didn't pay a repair bill?

fastcarsspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was paid off it should not be too hard to get a lein release from the bank. Just getting them to send it to you may be the only pain point where you need to show that you have possession of the vehicle. I just saw a KJ on craigslist where it had a blown engine and the person is selling it with no title cheap because they still owe on it.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was paid off it should not be too hard to get a lein release from the bank. Just getting them to send it to you may be the only pain point where you need to show that you have possession of the vehicle. I just saw a KJ on craigslist where it had a blown engine and the person is selling it with no title cheap because they still owe on it.

That's a scary proposition... since whomever buys it still won't be able to title it or drive it. The seller would still owe on the vehicle nonetheless, and until the bank is paid in full, no one can retain full ownership.

THAT, is a mess.

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a scary proposition... since whomever buys it still won't be able to title it or drive it. The seller would still owe on the vehicle nonetheless, and until the bank is paid in full, no one can retain full ownership.

THAT, is a mess.

Wow no kidding.

Im pretty sure mine is done, loan was for 2001 so the owner bought it new.

I forgot the title yesterday and today so no bank calling yet.