Only One Word...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slipinkramer

Reaction score
Believe me when I tell you that there are a few boulders on that trail :)

I slipped off one of them a little too fast and the pumpkin hit a rock and stopped cold while the passenger side un-sprung running gear kept going. It snapped the axle tube just like a long stick snaps when whipped against a tree trunk.

It happened near Buck Island Lake. Can you believe I wheeled out of there and made the 200 mile drive home all broken like that?

slipinkramer

Reaction score
Pffft,
That will buff out:emotions34:

Like the bumper sticker says...

"SHITLBUFOUT"

Actually it's not that bad.

I scored a low mileage replacment on ebay for $125 + $75 shipping.

It took me 3 hours in my shop to tear down the whole IFS front end to get the axle out. I expect it will take twice that long to put it all back, since I have to swap in my True Trac diff into the new axle.

A Saturday well spent.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me when I tell you that there are a few boulders on that trail :)

I slipped off one of them a little too fast and the pumpkin hit a rock and stopped cold while the passenger side un-sprung running gear kept going. It snapped the axle tube just like a long stick snaps when whipped against a tree trunk.

It happened near Buck Island Lake. Can you believe I wheeled out of there and made the 200 mile drive home all broken like that?
It's called skid plates and not the junk OEM ones.

This spot(in pic below) is not wide enough for a IFS KJ,not even on the trail,that is the road to the trail(2 actually depending on if you right or left).
You must be registered for see images

Then this happened after getting tire wedged in the rocks.........

Then the IFS went bye-bye................

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be nuts cause this all looks like fun to me must be a gear head thing. Like I've said before it's a Jeep thing how bad do you have it. Slipinkramer and Tjkj my hats off to you men don't ever be scared to go for it. Take that you mall crawlers, these guys stay on the porch and hang with the big dogs.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's because tj is a mad genius. :D