OMED 1.5 Lift Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure from the gap between the bump
stop and the axle
This is max up travel
Now measure the distance from mounting
bolt to mounting bolt on the shock
That distance will get shorter by the max up travel
For argument sake say it is 4" max up travel
and the eye to eye distance is 15" then your
min. or compressed shock length will be 11"

Now take this math equation and google the length
of the shocks you have if there compressed length
is longer than what you have add more bump stop
if it is less take some out

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Yes. Double hockey pucks in the back and Terraflex (what a PITA) in the front.
I'm still worried about the rear shocks (Bilstein F4-BE5-A702-H0). They look like they are too compressed. I'll try to take a picture and post it.

On a separate note, what can I do to get the new springs and shocks to break in as quickly as possible? How long does it normally take under normal conditions?

Thanks for the replies so far. They are greatly appreciated.

Nick

Go take it out on a bumpy road or take it off road and flex it.
The more you use it the faster it'll break in.

What are 'normal conditions'?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Double hockey pucks in the back and Terraflex (what a PITA) in the front.
I'm still worried about the rear shocks (Bilstein F4-BE5-A702-H0). They look like they are too compressed. I'll try to take a picture and post it.

You can always add the rear upper iso x2for another inch.

Fender to wheel center measurements 4 corners would be good for guessing if your low. Also nice add for compare fender heights and revisit after break in... If your into that sort of record keeping.

Glad to hear your wheels will stay on and its riding right.

I am also running 702's for rears with 948 coils. my stock shocks would top out before i changed them to bilsteins with those coils when hitting big bumps at speed on the rebound up.

nickb

Reaction score
You can always add the rear upper iso x2for another inch.

Fender to wheel center measurements 4 corners would be good for guessing if your low. Also nice add for compare fender heights and revisit after break in... If your into that sort of record keeping.

Glad to hear your wheels will stay on and its riding right.

I am also running 702's for rears with 948 coils. my stock shocks would top out before i changed them to bilsteins with those coils when hitting big bumps at speed on the rebound up.

I measured the 2 sides (22" in rear, 21.5 in front). I don't think I'm low. It just seems that the shock body is too long and that the shock would bottom out before hitting the bump stop but that's only an eyeball guess. I'll take some measurements over the weekend. I will post back after break in. I usually post very little on forums because I try to read all the post I can before asking a question since someone has already answered my question in a thread. I think record keeping is important.

Thanks
Nick

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a touch over 2 1/4 inches of bump stop as I left them kind of long till I decide on tires.
You must be registered for see images attach

Have not hit shock bottom yet and have bottom out on the stop frequently.

There is a post somewhere of a A702 adjacent to a 132L and they are the same length which other have run in that set up with two hockey pucks per side.

nickb

Reaction score
I have a touch over 2 1/4 inches of bump stop as I left them kind of long till I decide on tires.
You must be registered for see images attach

Have not hit shock bottom yet and have bottom out on the stop frequently.

There is a post somewhere of a A702 adjacent to a 132L and they are the same length which other have run in that set up with two hockey pucks per side.

I'm sure the length is fine and it just seems that way to my eye. I'll take some measurements to confirm.

Last edited:

nickb

Reaction score
Just a quick follow up. Rear shock length is fine. Suspension has settled 1/2" on the rear 1/4" up front.

Had to replace upper control arms because the passenger side ball joint was gone. I went with JBA 4.5's. After installation another wheel alignment.

All was good for a couple of days and then a banging noise started. First the passenger side then the driver side. Sway bar links are shot. Before I order new ones, I was wondering if I need longer ones since the lift.

nickb

Reaction score
Final

Changed the sway bar links and sway bar bushings. The Liberty rides better now that any time I remember. Suspension is stiffer but feels more solid.

Just as a final thought after a month of wrenching on the Liberty:
I really think that changing the upper control arms, lower ball joints and new sway bar links and bushings should be done at the same time as springs and shocks especially on a vehicle with more than 75,000 miles on it.

Thanks to all for your advice and help.

-Nick

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Changed the sway bar links and sway bar bushings. The Liberty rides better now that any time I remember. Suspension is stiffer but feels more solid.

Just as a final thought after a month of wrenching on the Liberty:
I really think that changing the upper control arms, lower ball joints and new sway bar links and bushings should be done at the same time as springs and shocks especially on a vehicle with more than 75,000 miles on it.

Thanks to all for your advice and help.

-Nick

Ya, that can't hurt.
Preventitive maintainance.