OME problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed...

OME927
RSX17505
Daystar top plate
RRO UCA's

Remanned R CV axle
New Intermediate shaft

Problem is the UCA's rubbing on the inside of the sidewall of my tires...BAD too.

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the OME 926/948 combo. Is this a typical problem? Also, i ordered new stock UCA's because i was told that the after market ones would only fit if the lift was greater than 2.25". Hmm, curious?

DJ

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Just installed...

OME927
RSX17505
Daystar top plate
RRO UCA's

Remanned R CV axle
New Intermediate shaft

Problem is the UCA's rubbing on the inside of the sidewall of my tires...BAD too.

Question??? Why did you put the Daystar plates on? Do you have the poly spacer under the front springs? If not, then you don't really need the daystar upper plates on the front.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the OME 926/948 combo. Is this a typical problem? Also, i ordered new stock UCA's because i was told that the after market ones would only fit if the lift was greater than 2.25". Hmm, curious?

DJ

I have on 926/947 with a 3/8" top plate shim and an extra rear isolator. No issues.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i did have the poly spacer. i bought the poly spacer because I already had the daystar top plate and no longer had the stock plates.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just left the auto shop....

This is what I get in the phone call from the auto shop BEFORE I get there to pick it up... "We cannot do the front end allignment because it wont get back to spec since its a lifted vehicle".

Then when I get there the shop manager tells me that the tie rod end is stripped out and they cannot turn it in order to start the alignment.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
yes i did have the poly spacer. i bought the poly spacer because I already had the daystar top plate and no longer had the stock plates.

Me too! I just need the 3/4" poly spacers.

just left the auto shop....

This is what I get in the phone call from the auto shop BEFORE I get there to pick it up... "We cannot do the front end allignment because it wont get back to spec since its a lifted vehicle".

Then when I get there the shop manager tells me that the tie rod end is stripped out and they cannot turn it in order to start the alignment.

Wow, it's amazing how that stuff get "stripped out".....:rolleyes:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same "rub" issue with my lift and new RRO UCAs. Seems the toe in was way more "in" than it should have been. An alignment fixed my problem. There's a shop here that deos nothing but lifted trucks and they have NO problem aligning anything. When I had mine done I was told that the "caster was out by a bit but that shouldn't affect anything". Figure the dude was right. 10K kms later and no weirdo wear on the tires and no handling issues.

I'll be going back to see them again when I swap out my Rusty's shocks and spring for the OME/Rancho stuff that's on it's way.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
The shop either:

1. F-ed up something and is trying to back out, blaming the lift.

2. Is afraid of any percieved liability issues due to the lift ( doubtful as they took it in knowing it was lifted)

Aligning lifted KJ's has been done thousands of times with no issues.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got under the jeep when I got it home (in one piece) and with a little FREE and a pipe wrench got that sucker loose....pansy auto shops too cool to work on a lil ole libby.

Its toed in REALLY bad after the install, but I have to wait til after EASTER to take it in to ANOTHER shop for aligning.

sittin right above 24" with real bad toe in....probably gonna drop down to 23 or so after the alignment.