OME pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see before and after pics of the 2'' Old Man Emu suspension lift, I need a comparison, seriously considering this lift. Also medium or heavy duty springs. Looking foward to your help, Thanks

Gringo Loco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On LOST search the pics for WoodysKJ. He just did the lift and has pics of before and after lift. Hope that helps.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is all I got as far as pics go
we have OME med coils
rancho struts and OME shocks ,great ride wife's DD
245/75 MTR's with a pinch pounding and fog lamp door move ,'02-'04 issue
a stock FJ could NOT get up this log pile for lack of approach angle all he did was burn out and push the logs I just rubbed the lower air dam thing on the first log but cleared the rest NO other rub ,going VERY slow
a 4 door JK rubbi bottomed out on the top
You must be registered for see images attach

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride!!! Goodyears look nice, did you have to level the front due to the factory rake, or did the springs take care of that. Also how is the sag now that you've had it for a while?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the OME heavy Dutys and Ranchos, did a small clevis in the front and it sits level even with the ARB hanging out there, ride is great would never ever go with anything else.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride!!! Goodyears look nice, did you have to level the front due to the factory rake, or did the springs take care of that. Also how is the sag now that you've had it for a while?

nothing special as far as rake just OME springs and rancho struts
looks perfect ,just a very small rake to the front after 10K or so
and a few wheelin trips

if I had any sag it was less than 1/4"

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are great, thanks for the info I'm truly decided now. would like to see more pics though. I can't wait to put this lift on and try it out on my local trails.

GoldDog53

Reaction score
I just had medium OME springs put on a couple of weeks ago, I love them, the ride is 10 times better than stock. Front struts are Rancho and back shocks are OME. The tires are Revo's 16x70x235
Before

after

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking ride, I like the lift!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!! What differences have you noticed in the handling and ride performance and are you going to get 75's or do you like the 70's.

GoldDog53

Reaction score
I just got the 70's before I decided to get the lift so I'll keep them for a good while. 75's would be nice but it doesn't look too strange with the 70's.
We got 8" of snow last weekend and the revos and lift were great.
On RR crossings and speed bumps i used to almost stop for, now 10 mph is no problem, the bumps really smoothed out. As far as handling, the same if not better than stock and towing my duck boat last weekend, the KJ didn't squat like it used to.

Last edited:

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any problem with the upper control arms. I'm almost sure the springs don't hit w/ the OME lift, looking for your opinion.