OME Lift has begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobby_4x4er

Reaction score
First I'd like to thank everyone for all the input on this site and sharing your experience to help us novices out.

First step has been done, main parts ordered.

OME 927 AND 948 SPRINGS
Bilstein 24-1885660 for the Rear
Bilstein 24-139168 for the Front
Teraflex Bump stops for the Front
4 hockey pucks for rear bumpstops

now from my reading so far... I could add 3 conduit nuts per side for a clevis lift and then add 2 (1 per side) rear upper iso's to level it out and still be using stock A arms and shafts. Correct?

hobby_4x4er-albums-pics-picture6139-20160624-185216-mobile.jpg

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I'd like to thank everyone for all the input on this site and sharing your experience to help us novices out.

First step has been done, main parts ordered.

OME 927 AND 948 SPRINGS
Bilstein 24-1885660 for the Rear
Bilstein 24-139168 for the Front
Teraflex Bump stops for the Front
4 hockey pucks for rear bumpstops

now from my reading so far... I could add 3 conduit nuts per side for a clevis lift and then add 2 rear upper iso's to level it out and still be using stock A arms and shafts. Correct?

You must be registered for see images

If you add 3 conduit nuts it'll give you 3/4" more lift
One extra upper iso per side will have it sit level, 22-22.25 when settled
Stock a arms will be fine at that height I believe
Or you could do top plate only and get 1/2 of lift

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so..... 2 conduit nuts per side? :)

3 is fine also
19 is the stock wheel hub-to-fender height so after it settled you'd be sitting at around 22 with 3 conduit nuts
If only 2 then you'd be more at 21.75 or so

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock uca would be fine at that high? How close to spring uca contact?

From what I've been told, yes
Not sure how far away it'd be from contact but from what I've read/been told when you go higher than about 3 1/4" lift is when you need UCAs
But, not every KJ is the same so it may differ slightly.. Some could need them at 2.5" or some could be much higher and not need them at all (within reason, e.g. 3.5"-4"+ you'd obviously need UCAs)
It varies sometimes

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, without a 1/4" top plate in the front - and using 3 conduit nuts for 3/4" of additional lift - the stock a-arms will be fine. On extreme droop you may have some contact but normal street driving you'll be fine.

Note: The ball joint will be at an extreme angle so the boot may tear after a while but it should function just fine. Inspect the ball joint boots before the lift install; if they're already torn or the ball joint is loose you may want to do the JBA arms now.

Also, if you want you can just do the lift now without the conduit nuts and the rear iso's - when things settle in later you can add them very easily.

HOWEVER, I suggest you add the 1/4" top plate from JBA now with one conduit nut. That will be the same lift as three conduit nuts (3/4".) You'll have everything torn apart anyway in the front to do the install so adding the top plate isn't any more work. Later if you want you can add 2 more conduit nuts to take it higher or compensate for some settling along with an extra rear iso on each side. If you wanted to add the top plate in the future you'd have to tear the entire front end apart again just to bolt in the top plate.

I'm all about saving myself time and effort in the future ;)

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
3 is fine also
19 is the stock wheel hub-to-fender height so after it settled you'd be sitting at around 22 with 3 conduit nuts
If only 2 then you'd be more at 21.75 or so

3 cnduit nuts gives you 3/4 inch in height
OME 927s give you 2.5 inches over new stock height
so you'd have 22.25 inches

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock uca would be fine at that high? How close to spring uca contact?

Stock are ok to 22.5-22.75 ,
once you get in the 3 inch to 3.25 it is putting them on a good bind
over that they are a must pretty much

BUT check the UBJs , the boots on the 03 I bought last fall with only 81,000 miles were destroyed/ worn out, of course I had a set of JBAs ready anyways :happy175: