OME/Bilstein

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitting tall did you use a top plate or clevis lift at all. How much driving have you done since the install.

Check out my Sig
I have 3 ring clevis on each side and 1 upper iso per side in the rear
Haven't driven it at all yet but it's getting an alignment later today
Tom said it'll drop about 1/2" in front after that so I should be about level on all 4 corners

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my Sig
I have 3 ring clevis on each side and 1 upper iso per side in the rear
Haven't driven it at all yet but it's getting an alignment later today
Tom said it'll drop about 1/2" in front after that so I should be about level on all 4 corners

Just asking cause i didnt do extras and am sitting at 21-1/2 all around after about 500 miles of driving and 1 alignment only 2 weeks in and loving every minute of it.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just asking cause i didnt do extras and am sitting at 21-1/2 all around after about 500 miles of driving and 1 alignment only 2 weeks in and loving every minute of it.

Well that sounds about right then with no extras
With my the clevis lift and rear iso (after alignment) it will sit at about 3 1/4" lift
I just figured since everything will be apart I might as well just add the extras now and not worry about it later
I'm hoping to sit level all around and I'm sure I'll love the ride also !

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

with OME 927/948 that is where you should be at 2.5 inches over new stock height

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I just got back from getting the alignment ($67 for unlimited alignments for 6 months) :happy107:

Current Measurements:
All four corners at 22 1/2
Not sure how the rear went up by 1/4 but I'll take it !
It should still settle some after some driving, but it all looks great
Haven't noticed a real difference in ride quality but I have only driven it a couple miles.
Also, I hear a thud type sound I think from the rear when hitting big bumps and taking turns so I'll be torquing everything again soon to see if that helps

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I just got back from getting the alignment ($67 for unlimited alignments for 6 months) :happy107:

Current Measurements:
All four corners at 22 1/2
Not sure how the rear went up by 1/4 but I'll take it !
It should still settle some after some driving, but it all looks great
Haven't noticed a real difference in ride quality but I have only driven it a couple miles.
Also, I hear a thud type sound I think from the rear when hitting big bumps and taking turns so I'll be torquing everything again soon to see if that helps

Take it out and hit some bigger bumps, or better yet go somewhere that you can twist it up a bit . After that then go back over everything. If from the rear its more than likely the upper bolts that need cranked down some

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it out and hit some bigger bumps, or better yet go somewhere that you can twist it up a bit . After that then go back over everything. If from the rear its more than likely the upper bolts that need cranked down some

I loosened the UBJ and lower sway bar nut and re-torqued on both sides just to be safe
Re-torqued top and bottom nuts on rear shocks but it's hard to get my torque wrench into the wheel well with the tire on so I may have to take them off and tighten some more if it doesn't go away on the next ride around I do
I'll post back after the drive

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it around and I'm still getting the thud sound in the rear
Going to drive up onto a ramp to flex the back tire so I can get my torque wrench in there
So I guess it'll be a win-win
I get to see her flex and tighten her new suspension up

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after torquing the back upper bolts I took another measurement and the drivers rear is sitting at 22" and the other 3 are still at 22 1/2"
Not sure what happened from when I measured right after alignment and after torquing and driving around but I'm a little disappointed
Any thoughts?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, after torquing the back upper bolts I took another measurement and the drivers rear is sitting at 22" and the other 3 are still at 22 1/2"
Not sure what happened from when I measured right after alignment and after torquing and driving around but I'm a little disappointed
Any thoughts?

answered PM

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear shocks were a hair loose so i was getting a thud tightened it all down and i havnt had a problem since.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear shocks were a hair loose so i was getting a thud tightened it all down and i havnt had a problem since.

For some reason my drivers rear won't get completely tight like the passenger side
It's tight just not CRAZY tight

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre-Lift Flex and nice wash
You must be registered for see images attach

Post-Lift Flex and dirty from lift install
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless they are OME I always try and slide some washers in the top and bottom so they tighten down good on the rear

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless they are OME I always try and slide some washers in the top and bottom so they tighten down good on the rear

I have two on each side of the bushing and the bracket is bent in
I just can't seem to get the thud sound to dissipate

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found another issue that I can't seem to figure out..
After the alignment, I measured all 4 at 22 1/2" hub to fender
I drove it around the block a couple times and came back for another measurement- drivers side rear was sitting at 22" but all others at 22 1/2"
Drove 30 mins on the highway and through some neighborhoods and got 23" but no change to any other side
Drove back home and measured 22" again
Checked for any play in shocks (up or down) and there's zero, coils are obviously tight in there
I then grabbed the roof rail and rocked the whole KJ back and forth for about 30sec and it was at 21 3/4
Did it again and now it's at 22"
What could be happening? I don't get it..
Everything is extremely tight, I see no issues that would cause this to happen
I'm really starting to get annoyed with it

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a similar problem at first with the front....turns out the fender wasnt fully clipped in.... most likely not the case for you but (dunno)

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a similar problem at first with the front....turns out the fender wasnt fully clipped in.... most likely not the case for you but (dunno)

I wish someone could figure this out for me because I'm frustrated with it
I mean I can literally measure it, put it in reverse and back up, then drive back to the same spot and it'll be a different measurement
It blows my mind

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There has to be some loose parts in the suspension somewhere
I've never had any issues like that in all that we have done here

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if anyone that has/had the thudding issue like I do, Marlin says it's because there's no bushing kit installed
So if you're wanting to fix the sounds or are going to buy the Bilstein's, I would advise to get the kit.
I think I'm going to just deal with it for now until I feel like opening up my rear suspension again
I don't think it hurts anything, except your ears and for me internal fear that it actually is hurting something

As for the different height measurements, yeah..
Still no idea
Parked it on a flat road and all 4 at 22"
Drove back home (the roads here are terrible) and they were all different again
But the front since alignment has been a constant 22 1/2" up until when I just measured
I guess it's a good thing they all measured the same but to only have driven about 65mi (again, really bad roads around here) they have all sagged down 1/2"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.