OME 1.5" install this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80Flareside

Reaction score
How does the WK compares to the KJ off-road and on-road?

On the highway the handling and ride is pretty similar (coil-over IFS in the front, solid live axle in the rear). The WK is a bit heavier, but the V8 and bigger brakes more than make up for that. Most of the driving my wife does is around town, and with the full-time 4wd she gets about 13 mpg, where I average around 19 for mixed city & highway.

I cant really comment on off-road bc my wife wont let me do that with her car. The main reason we lifted the WK was to get bigger, more aggressive tires for VT mud season, which you may not really understand if your not from around here. Over 60% of the roads in VT are dirt, and when the top layers thaw in the spring, but its still frozen 2 ft down, spring rains turn the low spots in the roads (especially where out land is) into quagmires. I ended up pulling out a honda civic and a kia sorento (who might have been fine if she hadnt stopped halfway through) one weekend this past April.

The pics arent mine, but taken 2 towns over.

Attachments

• mud_eastputney_20140423_crop.jpg
    mud_eastputney_20140423_crop.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 47
  • mud-putney-042314.jpg
    mud-putney-042314.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 1.5" install this weekend

On the highway the handling and ride is pretty similar (coil-over IFS in the front, solid live axle in the rear). The WK is a bit heavier, but the V8 and bigger brakes more than make up for that. Most of the driving my wife does is around town, and with the full-time 4wd she gets about 13 mpg, where I average around 19 for mixed city & highway.

I cant really comment on off-road bc my wife wont let me do that with her car. The main reason we lifted the WK was to get bigger, more aggressive tires for VT mud season, which you may not really understand if your not from around here. Over 60% of the roads in VT are dirt, and when the top layers thaw in the spring, but its still frozen 2 ft down, spring rains turn the low spots in the roads (especially where out land is) into quagmires. I ended up pulling out a honda civic and a kia sorento (who might have been fine if she hadnt stopped halfway through) one weekend this past April.

The pics arent mine, but taken 2 towns over.

Thanks for the input!
Seems like in the winter you guys off road while on road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online