Oklahoma City Ice Storm / 1-27-08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

In the image below in the rear view you can see the layer of ice covering the side of my car that was facing north.

on Monday during the day, 1/4 inch of freezing rain turned the roads into skating rinks, the next day, I called into work (only cause I could) and went out to visit my friends. The roads were much better the second day after a couple inches of 'Sleet' (freezing rain that freezes before it hits, unlike the stuff the day before.) Not technically snow, so I avoided posting on the other board. :D

I miss my prop shaft though, Still haven't been able to afford getting it rebuilt. Heres to hoping I get 4x4 fixed before the next ice storm.

Dave Haggard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure had fun out in it last night - pulled six different cars and one kid in a TJ back onto the road.
God I love my libby!!!!

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG another OKC member!!

Cool!

I apologize in advance if you happen to see my very unique looking liberty cutting you off one day. I do honestly try to avoid ******* off other Jeep drivers.. =) but I drive way faster than the posted limits =)

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we got some pretty bad ice up here one night and then the next we got 2" of snow.
The ice busted my rear window the first night and I had to call in some favors to get my KJ in a garage so it didnt fill up with snow and ice

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys got the worst of the storm with all the ice.

We just got 12" of snow and no ice. It's a lot easier driving in the snow.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My power has been off since wed morning and they said it could be off for around 2 weeks. Over 700,000 are without power in kentucky right now.. Set a record I do believe... Get this, it beat the record which was set by a hurricane.. haha