Posting intro to the group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country2003KJ

Reaction score
Hello, I’m from VA and purchased a 2003 Liberty Limited in Nov 2020 with 94500 miles. I connected to a general Jeep website but now I am connecting to the KJ forum.

How I got here: Nov 2020 I totaled my 1999 van on a deer hit. I went looking for used and drove by the car lot and saw the Liberty. I drove it and went home and came back the next day and made the purchase. I am 2 years into ownership and I did the normal things when I got it: i.e., fluid changes, plug changes, rear and front suspensions (that made the world of diff). The speakers were dry rot and got some new ones. The one repair that was not expected was summer 2021 when the water pump blew. It was the original and had it and the radiator replaced as there was a broken bolt in the engine block when I removed the water pump and figured while I was there I would do the rad since I never wanted to do that again. But overall I have made a few road trips and I am very satisfied after 2 years.

As a side note: I bought it on Nov 18th 2020 right before the used car craze and the dealer wanted to know if I would sell it back to him in early 2021. I knew the deal that I got when I bought it so I said No Thank You