Oh look, a block heater!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Block Heater Actual Wattage Draw

It would appear that the tag that came off the block heater cord that stated 10 amps, 1250 watts must be the specs for the cord, not the actual block heater draw.screwy.gif
I just received a APC 900 watt Computer UPS that has a digital watt meter. I hooked in the block heater to the UPS with KJ cold..."Drum Roll" ...
and the draw was only 430 watts ..eh..:confused:
Leave it plugged in all night,if you are in the frozen lands..brrrr.....nervous.gif

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
anything+heat=bad. Unless it's food. Or coffee.

Anything+cold+snow=good

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Budke, my F-18 Sqn spends three weeks every spring flying out of Boca Chica, NAS Key West. I love Truman Annex, I love Duval St and I love that we happen to get deployed during spring break, hehehehe. It's a welcomed reprise from winter.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A/Ms and B/Ms, sorta like C+s and D+s. Canadian military is too cheap to buy new stuff. We just keep upgrading our old stuff. We piggy backed our fleet with the Swiss and Spanish on the Austrailian HUGS program. Cool radar, HMDs and GBUs all around!!! Wiki 410 Sqn and see what we do.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ehh, Canadians don't need real fancy jets anyways, I guess. Its not like ya'll gonna fight anyone anytime soon... lol3.gf :p

And they flew Mosquitoes in WWII? Those things are sweet for a wooden plane!!

Should I ever win a Huge lottery...
I'll blow a few million on a P-51 Mustang!

Hint for the block heater users that always worked well for me.. Run the extension cord so its hung over the drivers side mirror, then its a constant reminder when getting in. I've seen a few ripped apart... LOL

We always open the hood, plug in the block heater and battery blanket and then close the hood. In the morning it's the same thing, just unplug both heaters!

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK what were we talking about... oh yeah, block heaters! ;)

I stumbled upon another cool idea... this is a "marine on-board charging inlet".

You must be registered for see images

http://mandmmarine.com/marincoon-boardchargerinlet.aspx

While searching I found several threads where people had installed these in their bumpers, grilles, etc wherever they fit.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...socket-installation-tech-article-t167831.html

This guy did a write-up of the install in his truck, although i'm not sure why he's using a junction box for two outlets.

I haven't quite figured out where on my '05 it might go, the middle of the bumper is rounded so probably wouldn't go so well there, and I think it would look bad on the outer ends.

Perhaps beside the fog light, although at this time I have no idea if it would fit in behind there.

Just a thought for now, until I get out there to look more closely!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya KeswickDave that's the ticket..I could make a plate on the pushbar to mount that or similar unit, that looks waterproof as well.
Not sure I would mount it like the photo, on the bumper though.
Get an Arb then there's no problem for mounting....LOL.