Off-roading Set Ups?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank Franky Lift is good as front comes pre assembled, so you can do it quickly without worrying about the need for spring compressor. OME 927 in front & 948 rear are supplied =good
With the top plate already installed, you will have a bit of extra lift there as well, so it is a good choice IMHO, but you pay a bit extra there as well.
Additional to the Franky premium package, 2 Teraflex bump stops #1903200 are needed.
I would also install the JBA 4.5 upper control arms for sure.
Were the 2 extra rubber isolators for the rear (1 one each side)included in that package cant remember...
Kinda strange Marty still has not updated his site to take order's directly.

zuperzaindi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank Franky Lift is good as front comes pre assembled, so you can do it quickly without worrying about the need for spring compressor. OME 927 in front & 948 rear are supplied =good
With the top plate already installed, you will have a bit of extra lift there as well, so it is a good choice IMHO, but you pay a bit extra there as well.
Additional to the Franky premium package, 2 Teraflex bump stops #1903200 are needed.
I would also install the JBA 4.5 upper control arms for sure.
Were the 2 extra rubber isolators for the rear (1 one each side)included in that package cant remember...
Kinda strange Marty still has not updated his site to take order's directly.

I just reread everything that comes in the package, and no, I don't see anything about rubber isolators. So now I'm going to ask another silly question. Where can I find the extra rubber isolators, are th ey all universal, or do I need a specific size??

Okay I figured I would need the JBA control arm. It says it comes with rear extended bump stops, so I'm assuming the Teraflex bump stops are for the front?

Sorry for all the questions; I just really want to make sure I get this all right. I'm literally trying to sponge all the information and advice I can get.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The isolators are available on mopar parts sites or from JBA....click on the link for all the Liberty items and you'll see isolators around page 4-6, IIRC....Teraflex are the front bumpstops...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The Mopar # for KJ Rear upper coil spring insulator is 52088707AA
Need to add one more per side up top, so you need two of the above.
I got them from the local dealer, no waiting,no postage.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Chrysler light bar for the KJ is quite expensive....you might consider investing in a roof rack instead, and then there are any number of lights available that can mount to the rack..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The intensity and power saving of the new LED's by Rigid Industries for example, are lights that are bright!
Since you may want to eventually install a basket anyways, that is where the lights can be installed too! :party52:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lights on a rack are for show mainly. Ones on the bumper are more what you use off roading and back roads Lots of them on a rack you end up with a lot of hood glare , throw in some dust and you are driving blind

The Frankenlift is a good lift BUT takes a long time to break in and you have to have the JBA UCAs
You'll be over 4 inches for a long while

Last edited:

zuperzaindi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights on a rack are for show mainly. Ones on the bumper are more what you use off roading and back roads Lots of them on a rack you end up with a lot of hood glare , throw in some dust and you are driving blind

Oh, okay, I didn't know that. I do think they look cool, but if they aren't functional up there then there's no point.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put a little shade extension beneath them, it shadows the hood. You might have to make it from a piece of flat tin or plastic and experiment a little to get it right. Basically a flat piece, bolted horizontally under the light, trim as needed.
Might look stupid, :shrug: but if it works.....

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay, I didn't know that. I do think they look cool, but if they aren't functional up there then there's no point.

They are still very functional but in their own way, If my windshield is really dusty it makes it impossible to see, I have the bumper fog lights too but will be adding a pair of Hella 500's to my brush guard if my Jeep does not get written off and gets repaired, They are more useful down there, Light bar is sweet if you have it but money would be better spent elsewhere if not.

zuperzaindi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your local to me I could show you on mine,Granted I have retro-fitted Rigid Dually spots in place of the Hella lights in the OEM lightbar so no much glare.

Are you seriously local to me?! When I was very first looking at jeeps I was doing google image searches and I kept seeing yours! Seriously it's one of the reasons I ended up deciding on a KJ!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you seriously local to me?! When I was very first looking at jeeps I was doing google image searches and I kept seeing yours! Seriously it's one of the reasons I ended up deciding on a KJ!
Yep I'm in Colorado Springs.Drive up Powers(north bound) past Stetson hills and you'll most likely see my KJ if I'm at work and drive it(swap every few days with my Town Car).

zuperzaindi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I'm in Colorado Springs.Drive up Powers(north bound) past Stetson hills and you'll most likely see my KJ if I'm at work and drive it(swap every few days with my Town Car).

I head up and down Powers all the time! I'm down in Security but some of my classes are up at the Rampart Range campus. I'll have to keep a lookout for ya!

zuperzaindi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I know y'all suggested I wait for bumpers until later but I did go ahead and do some pricing and talking around (because I like to plan things way ahead of time).

I just got a guy quote me $450 for a custom bumper. I'm stoked!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At least before you have one built get a sketch of what it will look like. Have seen some pretty ugly crap come out of some places :icon_lol:

zuperzaindi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least before you have one built get a sketch of what it will look like. Have seen some pretty ugly crap come out of some places :icon_lol:

Oh yeah, no. While I was looking around I saw some pretty ugly crap too. I'm actually not too bad with a pencil and paper so I drew what I wanted. But before I let anyone actually start on building me anything, yeah. I want to get their sketches beforehand so I know it's for sure what I want.