O6 Liberty Sport Coolant Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty06

Reaction score
Ok, I am showing I am an inch low at cold level arrow when parked. Where can I get Antifreeze/Coolant to match what is in the radiator? I have the OME stuff stilla sI am only 30k and 3 years old. The Owners Manual says something about HOAT(attn). Is there anything equivelent to this red stuff at any of the Autoparts stores or do I have to go get a whole bottle from Jeep? Thanks kindly.

RenoJeeper

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valvoline Zerex G-05 or Mopar HOAT

The Mopar HOAT coolant is like a redish-orange in color. Is that what your seeing?

Last edited:

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting Side Fact: I read once that HOAT Coolant is actually clear. It's dyed different colors based on the OEM preferences to help you "see" the coolant.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM coolant is NOT red.

Can we call it Burnt Siena. Or Light Fuschia. Hunter Orange with a hint of Magenta.

Here are the following Man recognized colors.
Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
Orange
Purple
Black
White
Pink
You can use the modifiers Light and Dark.
jnaut said:
What's that red stuff the dealer keeps putting in my radiator?

That is ATF3, Don't worry it's alright.

Anyway make sure you don't have a leak though. Is the level checked often. Before my radiator crapped out a 55K miles I was sitting at the cold mark.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Prestone Extended Life? It says...
Prestone® Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant is compatible with ANY antifreeze/ coolant – regardless of color – for use in ALL makes and models of cars and light duty trucks. This patented formula provides a high degree of performance durability and carefully balanced protection against temperature extremes and rust corrosion of all cooling system metals, including aluminum.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing a little research I found that Prestone Extended Life contains OAT(Organic Acid Technology), not HOAT. Therefore it should probably not be used.

It looks like the compatible coolants are:
Artic Blend G-Plus
DaimlerChrysler / Mopar 2003
Fleetguard Fleetcool EX Pink
Ford Motorcraft Premium Gold
Peak CF-EXL Extended Life Coolant
Valvoline Zerex G-05

I found this hand-dandy little pdf file though.

Ethylene Glycol Coolants

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing a little research I found that Prestone Extended Life contains OAT(Organic Acid Technology), not HOAT. Therefore it should probably not be used.

Artic Blend G-Plus
Valvoline Zerex G-05

Ethylene Glycol Coolants

Very handy PDF.

Going by that pdf, Fleetguard Fleetcool EX doesn't meet DC specs so cross it off your list.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Artic Blend G-Plus
Valvoline Zerex G-05

Ethylene Glycol Coolants

Isn't the schtick on this whole OAT vs HOAT thing is that the KJ can use an OAT coolant if you flush your entire coolant system, removing all vestiges down to the last molecule of your HOAT coolant?

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the schtick on this whole OAT vs HOAT thing is that the KJ can use an OAT coolant if you flush your entire coolant system, removing all vestiges down to the last molecule of your HOAT coolant?

Yes, you could use OAT, and I'm sure the two would mix fine. However, my research and experience tells me that HOAT is the superior coolant, so I'd stick to that.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you could use OAT, and I'm sure the two would mix fine. However, my research and experience tells me that HOAT is the superior coolant, so I'd stick to that.
No you can't,your water pump will not like OAT coolants and the lack of silicates to lubricate our WP's.Plus those OAT coolants eat gaskets like crazy.