No Sound from Aftermarket Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

night_train3

Reaction score
A couple weeks after installing a Pioneer aftermarket stereo and everything working fine, the sound just stopped out of nowhere. The head unit works fine (display works, shows song playing) but no sound will come out. This is the second head unit that this has happened to. Any help would be appreciated.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you describe the rest of the configuration? Aftermarket speakers and/or amp? Plus: Where did you get it installed?

night_train3

Reaction score
Right now I have 4 JL audio TR600-CXi door speakers and a Pioneer GM-5500T amplifier for my subs. After messing around with it for a couple days, I tried cutting off the remote turn on wire for the amplifier and re-splicing the remote turn on wire just for the existing infinity amps to the head unit and I got sound back. Now my only problem is that i can't use the amp (and the subwoofers) without the sound leaving from speakers and I have no idea why.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you tell us how it is wired? Give as much detail as you can. Start with the head unit and work out from there. :)

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the radio choke relay. Hopefully by now you've fixed the issue