No Luck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tazzsrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well like the old saying goes if its got T*ts or tires its trouble. went to back my jeep out of Canadian tire parking lot this afternoon and it started to buck, transmision slips then grabs slips then grabs. shot out a whole mess of codes P0841 P0731 P0734 P0733 P0846. I know i have the 45RFE for a ****** should i start looking for a new ****** or might it be and easy electrical fix. any input would be nice since i wont be going fishing this afternoon.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
P0731 - Gear 1 Incorrect ratio
P0733 - Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
P0734 - Gear 4 Incorrect ratio

Is your speedometer working? If not, it's a Speed Output Sensor.

If it is working, it can be the Input sensor, but these codes are a little more serious, ant may not be a result of a bad Input or Ourtut sensor.

P0841 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'A' Circuit Range/Performance. http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2006/21-007-06.htm - Covers 2005 - 2006 (KJ) Liberty / Cherokee

P0846 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'B' Circuit Range/Performance

Some simple problems can spit out a bunch of codes, happened to me with a 2000 Cirrus I owned. The input sensor went TWICE on this car. The Trans started slipping at 98IK miles... The real funny thing is, my 2000 Avenger ES had the EXACT SAME drive-train, and was all original at 153K miles... I added a cooler at 16K, proof they work...

tazzsrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i gues i got a ghost in my jeep cause i disconected the battery yesterday and now it works again. took to my transmision guy and he check it over and said everything seems fine and just reset the computer and said lets try this and hope it doesnt come back.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Ah, should have suggested that, but.... IT usually works for a while... IT may have just been a temporary failure of one of the I/O sensors, or a valve stuck too long; then since it is all working again, resetting the ECU would fix it. It used to work with my Cirrus, for one shift cycle, then once came to a stop; BAM-SLAM into second, and stayed there. The input sensor was definitely bad... You know it's the output if the speed-o doesn't work.

tazzsrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so much for a ghost. acted up again took it in and they ended up changing the solinoide pack and while they had it apart i told them to add the shift kit aswell. I hope it works this time....