No Bus Message - ERRGG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unreal! drivers side window regulator breaks & even though covered under my platinum coverage extended warranty, it still cost me $250 because Chrysler "re-designed" the part and now requires new glass be installed with the regulator ..Guess what? Warranty covers regulator but not glass even though one without the other is useless! Thank you Chryslers AKA "Obama Motors"

So...I pick up my Libby today and goto meet my buddy who drove me up to the dealership to buy him a "thanks for helping" Beer ..

Leave the watering hole & stop for gas ..turn off the Libby, fill up & go to leave ...new trouble!! Cranks over, sputters & dies ..try again..same thing! Third time - Nothing! Dash is lit up like a Christmas tree & a get a "No Bus" message on the odometer ..

So, tomorrow morning I'm meeting the tow truck driver to take it back to the dealership & spend at least another $100 (deductible) plus God knows how much more for whatever's not covered under the warranty this time!!

I just bought this ting 6 months ago ...WTF????

Anyone else had this "No Bus" nightmare & what caused it?

Thanks in advance

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unreal! drivers side window regulator breaks & even though covered under my platinum coverage extended warranty, it still cost me $250 because Chrysler "re-designed" the part and now requires new glass be installed with the regulator ..Guess what? Warranty covers regulator but not glass even though one without the other is useless! Thank you Chryslers AKA "Obama Motors"

So...I pick up my Libby today and goto meet my buddy who drove me up to the dealership to buy him a "thanks for helping" Beer ..

Leave the watering hole & stop for gas ..turn off the Libby, fill up & go to leave ...new trouble!! Cranks over, sputters & dies ..try again..same thing! Third time - Nothing! Dash is lit up like a Christmas tree & a get a "No Bus" message on the odometer ..

So, tomorrow morning I'm meeting the tow truck driver to take it back to the dealership & spend at least another $100 (deductible) plus God knows how much more for whatever's not covered under the warranty this time!!

I just bought this ting 6 months ago ...WTF????

Anyone else had this "No Bus" nightmare & what caused it?

Thanks in advance

Imagine had you put the cost of the platinum warranty in the savings account instead of buying the platinum warranty. You'd be ahead with $0 deductable.

As far as the "NO BUS" message, a quick internet search turned up several possibilities. Everything from a fuse/relay to a communications problem on the PCM with a "sensor". Specific sensor not mentioned. Diagnostics appear to be difficult for even the shade tree mechanic. Keep your fingers crossed that your "Platinum Warranty" covers it.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BUS is the communication network that the modules and other components of the vehicle use to communicate with each other. Numerous things can cause a NO BUS message.
You could have a blown fuse, BUS wires shorted together, a faulty component like a bad cluster or radio, etc.

I have seen a radio shorted internally take the BUS down. A really simple way to find the cause is to remove each fuse one at a time, try to start, and reinstall fuse until the message goes away and the vehicle starts.

Just go to your fuse box in vehicle and under hood, remove a fuse, try to start, and reinstall the fuse to it's original location. Repeat until the vehicle will start and run. This is standard practice to isolating the circuit that is causing the BUS to malfunction.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go to your fuse box in vehicle and under hood, remove a fuse, try to start, and reinstall the fuse to it's original location. Repeat until the vehicle will start and run. This is standard practice to isolating the circuit that is causing the BUS to malfunction.

Just for my edification, would this also include the fuse bank on the side of the driver's dash?

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great feedback on this ...Electrical is definitely not my area & even though I got nailed on the warranty, I'm very gald I purchased their top of the line package ..It dis save me $226 today & will cover the tow charges tomorrow morning ..

I'm just a little torqued that "we the people" now own Chrysler yet the powers that be still pull the strings, and make the profit while giving back zilch ..

I'm going to yield to the pro's on this one & suck it up ..Errgg

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And check for corrosion around the battery terminals. seems that happens sometimes.

sorry to hear youre having issues with the new to you Jeep. At least its under warranty, it could be far worse. :)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, make sure they test that battery!!

Our Pontiac Montana had a lot of weird starting and idling issues, i thought i had some serious problems, replaced the battery when it gave out one cold morning and suprisingly everything went away!

Latest posts

Members online