new tire/rim questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrJ

Reaction score
running a 3" lift. looking to get some new tires and rims with different backspacing to stick out a little more. any suggestions? i'm new to this, just picked up my kj today. looking to add a front locker (eaton or arb) and do wider tires with a wider stance. thanks guys!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Same as been listed in the forum
7 inch wide rim
4 inches of backspacing
245-75-16 tire
or
265-70-16 same height
above tire and wheel combo will sit the tire at the edge of the flare
Maroon one has the above tire and wheel combo along with 3.75 inches of lift to give you an idea
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MrJ

Reaction score
is there any way to run a bigger tire? was thinking jk rubi takeoffs (just under 32") i have no issue removing fender liner and hammering pinch weld. did it on the WJ. i plan on wheeling moderately. what do you suggest?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
is there any way to run a bigger tire? was thinking jk rubi takeoffs (just under 32") i have no issue removing fender liner and hammering pinch weld. did it on the WJ. i plan on wheeling moderately. what do you suggest?

32 inch tire/ 4 inches of lift/ 4.10 gears
JK wheels won't work, different bolt pattern
should hammer the pinch weld anyways, removing liner doesn't gain you that much in reality

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JK wheels are a different bolt pattern. You'd need wheel spacers/adapters.

Latest posts

Members online