Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swanny

Reaction score
Hi Just joined the site. I am in Kent England. Bought a 2006 Cherokee for fun. So far all Windows need fixing. Had them all off, great fun. Whoever designed that gem amazes me., But coping, don't mention rear brake dust/heat shields. Keeps me active I'm 80yrs young.
Great site.
Swanny

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Change to metallic window mounts, and you will never have to fix the windows again!

Swanny

Reaction score
Hi have tried to get mounts. One rear window is hole type other metal. I saw that there was a lot of trouble re this. Law suits etc did it ever Get resolved?
2006 seems to have changes incorporated half way between manufacture.. Engine 2.8 diesel, seems sturdy enough. Only use it local anyway but keeps my grey cells activated

Swanny

Reaction score
Hi have tried to get mounts. One rear window is hole type other metal. I saw that there was a lot of trouble re this. Law suits etc did it ever Get resolved?
2006 seems to have changes incorporated half way between manufacture.. Engine 2.8 diesel, seems sturdy enough. Only use it local anyway but keeps my grey cells activated

Attachments

• IMG_20220502_143210.jpg
    IMG_20220502_143210.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 6

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Just joined the site. I am in Kent England. Bought a 2006 Cherokee for fun. So far all Windows need fixing. Had them all off, great fun. Whoever designed that gem amazes me., But coping, don't mention rear brake dust/heat shields. Keeps me active I'm 80yrs young.
Great site.
Swanny

Welcome to the forum! Post up some pics of it if you can.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Your CRD will be the "Export" version...I have the 2002 Export 2.5L CRD.

Your Export CRD is pretty close to the USA models...2 things we have that make the USA owners very jealous are:

We can fold our outside mirrors back and forward again with a switch on the door...useful if you have to move through a narrow gap or if it got bumped by someone.

We can adjust the height of the headlamps while driving with a knob next to the steering wheel so as not to blind oncoming traffic.... also useful if we have a heavy load in the rear!

We also have the steering wheel on the "right" side of the vehicle!;)

Swanny

Reaction score
Really like this Jeep,has a certain character some cars lack.I had a swb Ford /Nissan Terrano previously,and it was awesome in snow and ice,but a rust bucket but loved it.Hope the Jeep fairs as well.

Latest posts

Members online