New Jeep Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2002 Jeep Liberty 4x4 that unfortunately needs some TLC in more ways than one but was cheap enough I couldnt pass it up.

Glad to see a forum here for the car, will definitely be needing some advice starting with the oil light issue (but only when stopped...and not ever time :help:)

From St Louis too just in case I run across anyone else from here (never know)

So anyway Hi everyone!

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome
Its the right color at least !
And before anyone else nails you for it, it's a JEEP not a car ! :happy175:
As far as oil pressure light, 9 times out of ten its the oil sending unit located above the oil filter BUT put a tester on it first to check the actual oil pressure

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome
Its the right color at least !
And before anyone else nails you for it, it's a JEEP not a car ! :happy175:
As far as oil pressure light, 9 times out of ten its the oil sending unit located above the oil filter BUT put a tester on it first to check the actual oil pressure

Lol fair enough, first Jeep ive ever owned (all cars and 1 ford explorer before that) will take some time to just say jeep haha :gr_grin:

I believe the pressure is good if i believe the shop i took it to for a quick oil change but ill triple check that now thanks!

I did locate the sender and it seems easy enough to get out but a bit worried its rusted on there, will try it this weekend and see how it goes. The car also has some engine issues and leaks a bit so next up is looking into the transmission oil pan gasket for replacement though it looks like there may or may not be one there depending on which I have.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I also have an 02 i use rtv on the trans pan.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and nice looking black jeep too.

Dave

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lived in St Louis when the arch was being built. A while ago.

That IS a while ago!

Welcome to the forum. I also have an 02 i use rtv on the trans pan.

What brand did you end up using? I have a replacement gasket that I plan on putting on once I finish the other work it needs.

Welcome and nice looking black jeep too.

Dave

Thanks! I wish she was in better shape. Some rusted off bolts on the underside make me cringe and the cracked cylinder heads suck but im not ready to plunk down money to get that fixed yet since thats way beyond my abilities)

Latest posts

Members online