Grandmas Possessed Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H0rizonfire

Reaction score
I am the new owner of my grandmothers "possessed" 2002 Jeep Liberty. With 92k on the clock and no rust, it is a bit of a gem, at least in this part of the country. It could use a little work, cracked radiator, not heat, no ac ( we don't need that where we are going anyway). Just the usual 20 year old vehicle things. There is the one quirk that has given this vehicle the nick name "Christine". Christine has this habit of once every 5 years or so just slamming the gas pedal to the floor while you are at a stoplight. Fun times. Sounds to me like a cruise control module problem, as far as i am aware that's the only thing that can open the throttle body other than the accelerator pedal. Any way, I am happy to be here, i will be spending a bit of time doing some maintenance and getting Christine as like new as i can, and then hopefully, going all out on a nice offroad/ fishing adventure machine. Looking forward to learning from those who have done, and teaching those who have not.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! I can't think of anything else except the cruise control either, unless someone tried doing an electronic throttle on it for some obscure reason. :rolleyes:

H0rizonfire

Reaction score
Sounds like fun! I can't think of anything else except the cruise control either, unless someone tried doing an electronic throttle on it for some obscure reason. :rolleyes:
Appreciate the response. I wouldn't put it past some of the mechanics around here to try, and not succeed at a conversion. But luckily it looks pretty stock under the hood to me.

Members online

No members online now.