New from North Idaho:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

welro

Reaction score
Hello I am from North Idaho and bought a 2005 Liberty CRD. I is really good shape two previous owners but got it from a local car lot. I ran the Carfax and it says at 103k it was serviced at the dealer. I am thinking they did the 100k TB, WP etc. at least I am hoping! I will know tomorrow when I talk to to the dealer who did the service(I think they can tell me?). I added the rack and new tires. My plan is to ensure it is ready to go mechanically. I ordered an ARB bumper to hold the winch that is all that is planned for this year. Then next year I will decide if I am going to lift it, but I do want to do the EGR delete for sure. This will be my second Jeep, I had a 1997 Grand Cherokee. I knew nothing about this CRD motor but since i bought this every Jeep person I know likes it. Looking forward to learning here and taking my Jeep out to do Jeep things.

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_202704578kj.jpg
    IMG_20210801_202704578kj.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 8

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome...nice looking Jeep!
I have a May 2002 RHD 2.5 L CRD which is the best vehicle I have ever had!

My Jeep has a fixed-vane Turbo and has a different EGR to yours...very easy to over-ride the EGR on my Jeep but I am not so sure how easy it is for you in the States nowadays to delete the EGR...lots of Members here will be able to advise you!

I have 193,000 Kms on my Jeep and have had no Turbo issues at all....I always let the Turbo Spool down and cool off properly after any long drives!

Had one of the Turbo hoses develop a split which I taped up and replaced with a New Mopar one....in the States you can get nice Silicone hoses for the Turbo!

Make sure you always use the correct HOAT antifreeze in the coolant!

You can download the 2005 Jeep KJ Service Manuals here:

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

welro

Reaction score
Thank you Bill and thank you for the link. My KJ has 131k on it and first thing I did was get the correct coolant and oil for the garage. T

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums as well.
Nice Jeep!
Lift= ARB & winch is very heavy so you will need OME 790s for CRD, rated at 500lbs & OME 948 for rear springs.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! There doesn't seem to be many of us upgrading our kj's here in Idaho, good to see another.

welro

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums as well.
Nice Jeep!
Lift= ARB & winch is very heavy so you will need OME 790s for CRD, rated at 500lbs & OME 948 for rear springs.
Thank you very much for the information

K7AAY

Reaction score
Hello I am from North Idaho and bought a 2005 Liberty CRD. I is really good shape two previous owners but got it from a local car lot. I ran the Carfax and it says at 103k it was serviced at the dealer. I am thinking they did the 100k TB, WP etc. at least I am hoping! I will know tomorrow when I talk to to the dealer who did the service(I think they can tell me?). I added the rack and new tires. My plan is to ensure it is ready to go mechanically. I ordered an ARB bumper to hold the winch that is all that is planned for this year. Then next year I will decide if I am going to lift it, but I do want to do the EGR delete for sure. This will be my second Jeep, I had a 1997 Grand Cherokee. I knew nothing about this CRD motor but since i bought this every Jeep person I know likes it. Looking forward to learning here and taking my Jeep out to do Jeep things.
What's the virtue in EGR delete? 2006 CRD here in Portland.

jnuncio3

growler
Reaction score
Hello welro, Welcome to the family. Looks like my libby will have a twin up north. I installed the arb bumper and a warn m8000 a couple of years ago. I installed the Monroe strut assemblies from RA for diesels along with new ball joints and upper and lower control arms. Aligned the front end and haven't had any problems. Good luck with your install. If you can't find proof that its been already done, I would highly recommend that you change the timing belt. ID parts sells the complete kit.,
Have fun.

Attachments

• 20190617_203048.jpg
    20190617_203048.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 3

welro

Reaction score
Welcome! There doesn't seem to be many of us upgrading our kj's here in Idaho, good to see another.
Hey duder
My liberty build is coming along well. Did the timing belt, water pump and now just got the new turbo charger from Sasquatch(install kit also and the silicone elbow), new glow plugss and module. Will get that all installed in a couple of weeks. Plus I have a full OME 1.5 lift kit coming(uppers, lowers etc) in to go with the ARB bumper. Figure around Feb 2022 I will get the suncoast torque converter and then get the chip tuner after the TC is installed. Figure I will set by March/April 2022. So At two liberties will be built in Idaho by then.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours a bit more than mine it seems. My upgrades are mainly suspension related.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey duder
My liberty build is coming along well. Did the timing belt, water pump and now just got the new turbo charger from Sasquatch(install kit also and the silicone elbow), new glow plugss and module. Will get that all installed in a couple of weeks. Plus I have a full OME 1.5 lift kit coming(uppers, lowers etc) in to go with the ARB bumper. Figure around Feb 2022 I will get the suncoast torque converter and then get the chip tuner after the TC is installed. Figure I will set by March/April 2022. So At two liberties will be built in Idaho by then.
790 front OME springs I hope with OME shocks, right ?

Docnoisewater

Reaction score
Hey duder
Can’t wait to see follow ups as your build continues!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.