New canuck here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah scratch that one...there's better out there. And the other KJ wasn't there, maybe they sold it. Save the gas money and cross that Dealer off the list for now. I will keep an eye out for ya when your ready to buy one..Dealership is only couple blocks from me. :p

They did have a nice 09 JK Rubicon in bright yellow, that I drooled over for a few minutes.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I also dislike non-tinted windows but you could get them tinted as part of the deal. But anyway, not interested in the Sport model. Unless it's been equipped with all the optional options.

Even with the tint package, I still needed more...but it's an easy fix.:)

Yeah scratch that one...there's better out there. And the other KJ wasn't there, maybe they sold it. Save the gas money and cross that Dealer off the list for now. I will keep an eye out for ya when your ready to buy one..Dealership is only couple blocks from me. :p

They did have a nice 09 JK Rubicon in bright yellow, that I drooled over for a few minutes.

I saw that Rubi too....:eek::cool:idea.gif:D

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks I appreciate it:)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was gonna be my second guess....do I get a cookie too? :p
lol nice try:p

I've been reading up on the CRD in the Liberty and it's more of an enthusiast engine. Lots of tweaks and hacks you gotta do to make it reliable. Also the W5A400 transmission has a weakness. So, well, I think I'll stick with the 3.7 engine w/42RLE transmission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been talking a lot with my dad and I think I might go new. Full warranty, less headaches. The new Liberty is too big and to square looking. So I'm kinda looking at the Patriot. Reminds me of the XJ.

decisions, decisions...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you get a new Patriot, make sure you get Freedom Drive II.:)

And yes, they really remind me of the XJ.....:cool:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a new Patriot, make sure you get Freedom Drive II.:)

And yes, they really remind me of the XJ.....:cool:
FD-II for sure. I wouldn't settle for anything else. Probably an 09 Limited w/FD-II group. Haven't decided yet...I'm gonna take the next 3-4-5 weeks to look around, compare my options, talk it through.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FD-II for sure. I wouldn't settle for anything else. Probably an 09 Limited w/FD-II group. Haven't decided yet...I'm gonna take the next 3-4-5 weeks to look around, compare my options, talk it through.

Cool.....:)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, make sure you do your research good. If you are staying on pavement/snow covered roads the Pat should be good with freedom drive II. I like the looks of the Pat but I am partial to the KJ drivetrain.

The KJ of course would be better off road as well as in heavy snow I am sure.

You need to get what is the best for you and your usage.

You can still come on here either way. We do not discriminate.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Also, we're considering creating an MK section.

Nothing is final yet though.:)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, make sure you do your research good. If you are staying on pavement/snow covered roads the Pat should be good with freedom drive II. I like the looks of the Pat but I am partial to the KJ drivetrain.

The KJ of course would be better off road as well as in heavy snow I am sure.

You need to get what is the best for you and your usage.

You can still come on here either way. We do not discriminate.

Dave
I plan on using the vehicle 90% of the time in the city. The other 10% will be up at the cottage(gravel roads, the odd trail/farm field). FD-II, I believe, would more than suffice. We do get a lot of snow up here and after driving my dad's Honda Fit last winter, I absolutely want an SUV...not any SUV though, a Jeep!

I like the KJ a lot. Almost in love with it. But buying used has soured it a bit. A brand new Jeep would totally rock my socks. Kills me that Chrysler killed the KJ:(

But hey, the Patriot looks awesome. It's a modern day XJ. Would be cool if it had Selec-trac though. You guys familiar with FD-II? It's an always on AWD system that you can switch to 4HI(pull T-Bar) or 4LO(pull T-Bar and shift to L) correct? Kinda like Command-trac but the 2WD mode is AWD.

I do intend to stick around and I'll keep on picking your brains and letting you guys know what's up with my purchase process:D

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a used KJ, but then i haven't owned a factory new vehicle ever, and i mean ever. The 03' KJ i just got, had 45k when i got it, is the newest vehicle i have ever owned, and its also the lowest mileage i have ever owned, i usually end up in the 100k or higher so i can afford it, but this KJ came down to where i could afford it.

Reading on here and other forums where owners got 100k, or 200k on theirs i'm not too worried about it. I will probably own this KJ until she is wore out.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain there RageofFury. It took me about a month to find the KJ I wanted. I was pretty dead set on the Renegade and every time I found a dealer with one it was sold right away. I probably paid a little more than if it was a limited and could have definetly haggled more for a sport but the Renegades were hard to find and in short supply. I am super happy with it though it an 06 with 12,000 miles. When I was signing the paperwork to buy it someone actually showed up to look at it after seeing it on the internet, a little to late though, ha. Well good luck finding what you want be it a KJ or a Patriot.