New canuck here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty good info thanks. I will say though I ain't fond of auctions. I'd rather buy it from a Jeep dealership. I will be limiting my choices probably, but less headache imo. From the searching I've done, Jeep has about 10 dealerships within a 50km radius from my house. So that's good.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Alrighty good info thanks. I will say though I ain't fond of auctions. I'd rather buy it from a Jeep dealership. I will be limiting my choices probably, but less headache imo. From the searching I've done, Jeep has about 10 dealerships within a 50km radius from my house. So that's good.

That's nice......:)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score

Uh...where do you think the dealer get some of their cars from? The cars on his lot are not all trade ins. I worked at a Chrysler dealership back home, and when the used lot was getting empty, we went to an auction and drove about 10 cars home for the used car lot.;)

A $ 15,000 car on the lot was purchased at auction for $9000 in most cases even less. I'm just saying that a Dealership buys from auction too.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh...where do you think the dealer get some of their cars from? The cars on his lot are not all trade ins. I worked at a Chrysler dealership back home, and when the used lot was getting empty, we went to an auction and drove about 10 cars home for the used car lot.;)

A $ 15,000 car on the lot was purchased at auction for $9000 in most cases even less. I'm just saying that a Dealership buys from auction too.
Yeah...true. It's just that I've heard horror stories from people who bought cars at an auction like HGregoire/HGregory or MegaAutomobile. I'd have peace of mind buying a Jeep from a reputable dealership that took the time to fully inspect the vehicle and repair whatever before selling it.

I won't fully rule out auction/repo though. Aside from Mega here in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, I don't know of any other used car wholesale/auction place around here. As for a repo centre, no idea if there is one in my area.

What I would like is the following:

-05 to 07 Liberty(Likely Renegade(05-06) or Limited(05-07) or possibly Latitude(07))
-Under 60k if possible
-Top mechanical shape
-Looks like new
-Very well equipped/fully loaded
-Automatic
-Select-trac

I would highly consider the CRD if it's problem free.

Is all that too much to ask for?:eek:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah...true. It's just that I've heard horror stories from people who bought cars at an auction like HGregoire/HGregory or MegaAutomobile. I'd have peace of mind buying a Jeep from a reputable dealership that took the time to fully inspect the vehicle and repair whatever before selling it.

I won't fully rule out auction/repo though. Aside from Mega here in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, I don't know of any other used car wholesale/auction place around here. As for a repo centre, no idea if there is one in my area.

What I would like is the following:

-05 to 07 Liberty(Likely Renegade(05-06) or Limited(05-07) or possibly Latitude(07))
-Under 60k if possible
-Top mechanical shape
-Looks like new
-Very well equipped/fully loaded
-Automatic
-Select-trac

I would highly consider the CRD if it's problem free.

Is all that too much to ask for?:eek:

Not at all. I found mine just like that. 05 LTD. Auto, Selec Trac, leather, and sunroof. When I bought it it had 37k.:)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to thank all of you again for such a warm welcome and also thanks on all the advice given. I have bookmarked 14 Chrysler dealerships that are in my area. So, once the pay checks come rolling in, I'll have plenty of options.

To have a Liberty like yours wjkj would be awesome. Make it an 06 with CRD and that would be better than sex:p

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To have a Liberty like yours wjkj would be awesome. Make it an 06 with CRD and that would be better than sex:p

I looked at an 06 CRD just like mine before I found mine. I wasn't pleased with the dealer though....:D

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at an 06 CRD just like mine before I found mine. I wasn't pleased with the dealer though....:D
Yeah I guess some dealers are more friendly and flexible than others. But I won't let that get in the way of getting my hands on my perfect XJ. For the Canadians in here, which "book" is the best to get for used car prices? Canadian Blue Book or Black Book or perhaps something else? Wanna know the "real" price before walking into a dealership.

threadjacked.gif
P.S. The pic is in B&W, the girl is Caucasian and blond. She was very popular with the boys back in the 90s and early 00s.idea.gif

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I guess some dealers are more friendly and flexible than others. But I won't let that get in the way of getting my hands on my perfect XJ. For the Canadians in here, which "book" is the best to get for used car prices? Canadian Blue Book or Black Book or perhaps something else? Wanna know the "real" price before walking into a dealership.

threadjacked.gif
P.S. The pic is in B&W, the girl is Caucasian and blond. She was very popular with the boys back in the 90s and early 00s.idea.gif

I think Black Book is what dealers here use more.:)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pam Anderson?
Close actually...both are blond and busty. She is often referred to as the Queen of...hump.gif

I see that the Canadian Black Book is not a free service. Though, funny enough, the Canadian Black Book is available freely through GM.ca. So I messed around with it. It's telling me that 14-15k is the "wholesale" price for an 06 Liberty(limited or renegade). That's what I was expecting to pay. Most 06 Libertys LTD or REN that I've found are in the 17-19K range. So there is room for negotiation. 400 a month for a 48month term would be perfect me thinks.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Close actually...both are blond and busty. She is often referred to as the Queen of...hump.gif

I see that the Canadian Black Book is not a free service. Though, funny enough, the Canadian Black Book is available freely through GM.ca. So I messed around with it. It's telling me that 14-15k is the "wholesale" price for an 06 Liberty(limited or renegade). That's what I was expecting to pay. Most 06 Libertys LTD or REN that I've found are in the 17-18K range. So there is room for negotiation. 375 a month for a 48month term would be perfect me thinks.

Not free here either....:( But cool ya found it though through GM. :D

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not free here either....:( But cool ya found it though through GM. :D
haha yeah

One thing bothering me though is the interest rate...wow. Most if not all dealers offer 8.9% on used vehicles. Damn! :eek: Can that be lowered to somewhere reasonable...like 4-5?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
haha yeah

One thing bothering me though is the interest rate...wow. Most if not all dealers offer 8.9% on used vehicles. Damn! :eek: Can that be lowered to somewhere reasonable...like 4-5?

I forgot what I got on mine....I want to say 10%....but I had a weekend to buy it, but it's payed off now.....:D

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot what I got on mine....I want to say 10%....but I had a weekend to buy it, but it's payed off now.....:D
10%...wow talk about highway robbery. I checked quickly what my bank offers and it's 8.85%. I think I'm gonna take less months so I pay more capital than interest.

I've been thinking. Let's say a dealer has a Renegade on the lot, I don't think I can negotiate much. It's a rare model(compared to all the Sport models out there) so I can't really leverage much. I'll try and lower the price a little, but I don't expect it to go down much.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
10%...wow talk about highway robbery. I checked quickly what my bank offers and it's 8.85%. I think I'm gonna take less months so I pay more capital than interest.

I've been thinking. Let's say a dealer has a Renegade on the lot, I don't think I can negotiate much. It's a rare model(compared to all the Sport models out there) so I can't really leverage much. I'll try and lower the price a little, but I don't expect it to go down much.

If they're desperate enough, they'll budge.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I stopped by Dalwari and looked at the 07 Sport on the web site. It looks in good shape but, it has no tinted windows...a cover is missing on the hatch hinges...a nice parking lot dent on the pass door Loonie sized....and the tires are worn to the wear bars, so needs new tires. Oh and NO SKIDS!!

So they are asking $15K and change for this one....$12K should drive it home.

The only thing I dislike is the non tinted windows.(blarg)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by Dalwari and looked at the 07 Sport on the web site. It looks in good shape but, it has no tinted windows...a cover is missing on the hatch hinges...a nice parking lot dent on the pass door Loonie sized....and the tires are worn to the wear bars, so needs new tires. Oh and NO SKIDS!!

So they are asking $15K and change for this one....$12K should drive it home.

The only thing I dislike is the non tinted windows.(blarg)
I also dislike non-tinted windows but you could get them tinted as part of the deal. But anyway, not interested in the Sport model. Unless it's been equipped with all the optional options.