Nerf Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the full OME 1.5 lift is now done with the JBA UCA's. As I figured, my daughter has now requested nerf bars to assist her in getting in and out of it. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't believe I'll likely go Mopar on this one. I've seen a few on Amazon and Ebay that I'm looking at and am unsure on 3" or 4".

cheyne-albums-2006-liberty-picture6224-img-0676.jpg

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all junk I wouldn't even bother
I'd just wait until it settles in first and then get some nice rock rails if it's still too high

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all junk I wouldn't even bother
I'd just wait until it settles in first and then get some nice rock rails if it's still too high

If the only function is to help her get in and out of the vehicle, I see no problems with the cheap step bars. But buyer be warned: they are not for protection. These don't have bad reviews...

https://www.amazon.com/APS-NB-J3219S-Mirror-Polished-Liberty/dp/B00F0M7ZDS

Of course if you HAVE a few hundred dollars to blow and want functional rock sliders as well as good steps, I would try for these:

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/Liberty_skink_sliders.htm

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
For what the OP is wanting them for , the cheap Eflay ones would work great, doesn't sound like she will be going off road so they'll work just fine

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one at Amazon is one that I had looked at, except for this for my year:
https://www.amazon.com/APS-NB-J3081...403315&sr=8-8&keywords=jeep+liberty+nerf+bars

After researching them, I'm leaning toward this one since it's 304 marine grade ss with a lifetime warranty. Seller gets good reviews on other models.
https://www.amazon.com/MaxMate-Prem...ep+liberty+nerf+bars&refinements=p_89:MaxMate

I may show these along with the rock lizard ones to my daughter to get her feedback, but I doubt she'll care much. This Liberty will not be offroad, so rock rails are not necessary.

On another note, the wife said that it looks like it now might need bigger tires. :emotions122: I told her we weren't going there for now unless she wanted to keep it herself.

Thanks for the help.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought an inexpensive set and my GF (just under 5' tall, or short, depending on how you look at it) pretty much has to have a boost to get in. They will work for that. Once I scrape them off on a trail I'll buy something sturdier, but it sounds like you don't have to worry about that. :favorites13:

...On another note, the wife said that it looks like it now might need bigger tires...
Yep, that's how it starts. What are your prospects for taking on a part-time job to supplement your income? It will come in handy... :happy175:

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's how it starts. What are your prospects for taking on a part-time job to supplement your income? It will come in handy... :happy175:

I know. I told her next it would be bigger rims and more new tires and then regearing ... I don't think so. I'm plenty deep into this one for now. She said she was waiting for me to finish it up so that I could get her another vehicle. :favorites68:

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And in addition to the nerf bars, she's gonna make me put this on the back of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Only my baby girl could get away with doing this to one of the vehicles in my driveway ...:shrug: How am I supposed to ride around with her with this? :happy175:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell your friends that your wife is cool with you riding around with pictures of topless women (sort of) on your Jeep. They'll probably think you're a lucky guy.

If that doesn't work for you, this is a great time of year to pick up a mask. The stores are full of them.

(We gotta make this work.) :gr_grin: