Need input on Rusty's lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kskj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the first lift I bought. It worked out great for the first year or so. Then it started to sag in the front. It dropped 3/4 of a inch so I added a clevis lift. Then it dropped another inch and before I new it it dropped to just a hair above stock height. So I bought the OME. It will be worth it to you to save a little more and learn from my mistake and get the OME.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rustys springs are rated the same as stock, not good and as above will sag quick, also their rear shocks do not fit well and are pretty much junk
OME springs/ Bilstein Shocks all around best

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally concur with the above. I ran the Rusty's lift for about 60K miles. Rear shocks were crap and ther springs were really no better than stock. Should've found this place earlier and saved a couple of weeks more for the Franky. Took me four years of riding on the Rusty's to break down and buy some OME springs and Rancho shocks. DIY Frankied my KJ last spring and DO NOT regret it.

Take the advice of folks like Tomm and myself. Save yer pennies and get a Franky or DIY a lift yourself. Can't go wrong with the OME springs and Blistiens. Tomm would know, he's done enough goofing off with his KJ's suspension to know what works and what delivers nothing but suck.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just remember for most KJ parts
pretty much stay away from Rustys and RRO
and you'll be OK