Scavenging Jeep, need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palfreyman

Reaction score
hey y’all,

my trusty 2002 liberty (bought 5 years ago for 750 bucks and 170k miles) died a horrible death last Monday. At a quarter million miles the engine lost a valve. (I’d paid $250 for a u-joint 7 hours earlier). It was ragged and rusty but gave faithful service to the end, but virtually all the panels are rusted, the front windshield has a crack, it leaks around the edges… It leaks around the sunroof… Makes a lot of horrible sounds… So I think at a quarter million miles it’s reasonable to let this one go to the scrap yard. I felt bad that about 18 months ago I replaced the front & rear differential, but I did put 29K miles on them..

Question: I need idea of what all I should strip off of it for potential use in other vehicles:

my wife’s 2006 Liberty Renegade (202k miles)
My new 2007 Liberty Sport (only 77k miles) I picked up earlier today

I also have a 2005 Liberty, 130k but looks minty inside and out, with blown motor (previous owner, put WAY too much oil in and overpressured the motor) and I’m contemplating a possible engine install

so, I’m pulling out the heater blower motor (the 2006 only blows on 4)
Spare tire
Battery
Alternator (9 months old)
Serpentine belt (6 months old)
Misc fuzes/belt
Tires (11 months old)
3rd party radio
Trailer hitch wiring set
3rd party stereo speakers

can I reprogram the 2002 key fobs?

I want to hang onto as much as I can… I’m on disability and won’t ever work again…(spinal cord injury & left leg paralysis , traumatic brain injury... So I’ll be doing this all on one leg, and no balance) And my wife and I have adopted are jeeps to our particular needs And it would just be a pain in the ass to try to get used to other vehicle layouts

My new-to-me 2007 is pretty barebones (no sunroof, no cruise, no electric/heated seats like my dead 2002... is any of that easily transferred. The cruise in particular

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if you wouldn't mind popping a door screw cover or two off and sending them to me? I lost the one that covers the passenger front panel behind the pull handle. :(

Oh and personally I'd keep the whole damn thing around as a parts bin... but that's just me. :D

Latest posts

Members online