Need help with rear brake replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's very late to reply on this thread, But I just want to help some of here who don't know how to replace a brake disc rotor. This could be very helpful for you guys out there who doesn't know anything about repairs. I post a link above how to replace a brake disc rotor
That's only good if you own a older GM or Ford,the KJ is pretty different as far as changing the brakes in most aspects.

Straight6Jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tip for getting the rear rotors off

For those that are struggling getting the rear rotors off, here is a tip:

de-adjust the parking brake at the hub. There should be an oblong rubber plug, in the backing plate, below the axletube. However, there may be a metal slug in the oblong hole that will need to be knocked out with a drift (you will have to go to the parts store to get a plug). There is a starwheel adjuster that rides along the tension spring. You can use a screwdriver or brake-spoon to de-adjust the p-brake shoes to slide over the rust ring that forms over time.

Trooper

Reaction score
So does anything special need to be done with the parking brake before I can just change out the rear pads?