Need help locating 2002 liberty 3.7 left side cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02kj

Reaction score
I had my heads rebuilt on my 2002 liberty 3.7. one dropped a exhaust valve seat one dropped a intake valve seat. Well, just got the news that my left side cam isn't usable due to some grooving they weren't able to get out. Chrysler discontinued them and only vintage parts carry's them new, they used to be a 99 dollar part that now is much much more. So I'm trying to find a good used one. I've searched online with no results. There is a parts place with a whole head sold as a core for 130 but no warenty on anything but the casting so if the cam is bad i'm back to square one. So trying to find any other option, possibly someone on here who has one for sale etc. Really trying to avoid having to buy a reman head with cam to pull the cam then have to re-sell the head.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my heads rebuilt on my 2002 liberty 3.7. one dropped a exhaust valve seat one dropped a intake valve seat. Well, just got the news that my left side cam isn't usable due to some grooving they weren't able to get out.
If this was mine, I would go over to the guy who reworked your heads and give him a swift kick in the nuts for not noticing/letting you know that "minor" detail from the beginning! A re-manufactured head for $350 would have been the way to go, had you been more informed before he did any work. Did he at least say "oops sorry"? ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.