Need help finding lift kit!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks tommudd, sorry about the bad link. I think I found the correct rear shocks, just want to make sure i have the right things before i pull the trigger and make purchases:

Front Springs: OME 2927
Front Shocks: Bilstein 24-139168 Shock Absorber for Dodge Nitro (stock Liberty fit)
Rear Springs: OME 2948
Rear Shocks: Bilstein 24-185240 4600 Series Shock Absorber (99-04 Durango 4WD)

If someone can confirm the Rear shock part #, it would be much appreciated. I'm wondering if it matters that the stock rear shock size (Bilstein 24-139175) has 12.1mm upper and lower mount eyes while the rear shock listed above for the Durango has 12mm upper and lower mount eyes? Does this mean I still need the Bilstein bushing kit from JBA? I've viewed several install how to's, hoping I can manage this in a weekend...also need to do brakes/rotors and have my new tires installed.

JBA has the bushing kits
99-04 is the Dodge Dakota 4x4 crew cab years

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either one will work
The P# I supplied is the same as what's on JBA so go with whatever is cheaper, the JBA/AMAZON ones i gave or the ones for a Dakota will be fine
As for you hoping to get it done in a weekend, I started at 7am and started putting my tools away at around 3pm, but my mechanic was a PITA with compressing my springs and I had ZERO experience with anything suspension related prior
So it is all very doable in a weekend, including doing your brakes and tires

Make sure to SOAK everything with Lubricant about a week prior to doing it so your nuts/bolts are easier to remove

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right tommudd - i meant dakota - not sure why i typed durango...sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own.

thanks jeeplib05 - i haven't done suspension stuff either, but have done other stuff in the past so hoping i can figure it out...just ordered plenty of PB Blaster to soak everything beforehand, thanks for the tip. how much did your mechanic charge to compress the springs?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
right tommudd - i meant dakota - not sure why i typed durango...sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own.

thanks jeeplib05 - i haven't done suspension stuff either, but have done other stuff in the past so hoping i can figure it out...just ordered plenty of PB Blaster to soak everything beforehand, thanks for the tip. how much did your mechanic charge to compress the springs?

Aerokroil , way better than PB Blaster
Not hard at all to lift one
Just get a shop to compress the springs for you in front
Lots of tricks to get everything done but very easy I think.
Of course done a few but I do them by myself in less then 3 hours easy ( unless they are rusted up solid :emotions34::happy175:)

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember 100% but I think it was $40-$50 for both, shouldn't take longer than an hour of labor to get them done so whatever they charge hourly is usually what you'll pay unless they're slow and milk people for their money
So every shop will vary

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check an alignment shop and tell them if you give them a break on compressing the springs you'll be back for an alignment

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 2927 COIL SPRINGS

BILSTEIN - Heavy Duty Front Strut 24-1391682
BILSTEIN - Heavy Duty 2.5" Lift Rear Shock 24-1856602

OME2948 KJ REAR HEAVY DUTY

These are the parts I ordered from JBA for my '04. I got the 5100 series though. He sent me the bushings for the rear too.