Need help finding lift kit!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:help:

Although they are listed as struts we have shocks in front , coilover shocks and YES you would need 2 for the front 2 for the rear
I sent you what they cost etc before from JBA and shockwarehouse for the fronts

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is what I have down so far. Couldn't find what you meant by "hockey puck" and couldn't find any Bilstein rear struts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A literal hockey puck, a puck used for hockey
With 2.5" of lift you'll bolt 2 on each side of the lower spring perch and they will be your bumpstops to prevent over-extension and blown shocks
Rear shock p# is Bilstein 24-185660 Monotube Shock Absorber, Rear, 46mm
With those you'll also need a bushing kit (since those shocks are meant for a YJ) to fill the space between the upper/lower shock mounts, which are available from JBA like everything else, here:
Bilstein Bushing Kit (one kit fits 2 shocks)

The rear shocks are on Amazon for $10 cheaper than JBA as well, FYI

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A literal hockey puck, a puck used for hockey
With 2.5" of lift you'll bolt 2 on each side of the lower spring perch and they will be your bumpstops to prevent over-extension and blown shocks
Rear shock p# is Bilstein 24-185660 Monotube Shock Absorber, Rear, 46mm
With those you'll also need a bushing kit (since those shocks are meant for a YJ) to fill the space between the upper/lower shock mounts, which are available from JBA like everything else, here:
Bilstein Bushing Kit (one kit fits 2 shocks)

The rear shocks are on Amazon for $10 cheaper than JBA as well, FYI

Ok thanks for the part! Any pictures on putting the hockey pucks on so I can have a reference?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the part! Any pictures on putting the hockey pucks on so I can have a reference?

VERY simple drill hole in the lower spring perch, run bolt through hockey pucks and nut on the bottom

We have " what they call struts " on front, rear is shocks

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. I've got everything I need! Thanks for all the help everyone!

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY simple drill hole in the lower spring perch, run bolt through hockey pucks and nut on the bottom

We have " what they call struts " on front, rear is shocks

Do you think I would be able to use the stock struts with the OME coils or not?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think I would be able to use the stock struts with the OME coils or not?

Do you mean stock front " struts " that are on it now? If so no since they are worn out.
Or buying new Bilstein or OME fronts? Yes, front shocks " struts " are same length stock height or lifted

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed OME / OME- OME / Bilstien on a lot of KJs
Ran OME two different times on my 04 different setups ( springs )
But what I recommend is OME 927/948 springs ( this gives you 2.5 inches of lift ) and can go more for not much more
Shocks I would do Bilstein all around , ride good
Teraflex bumpstops in front and two hockey pucks per side bolted down to the lower spring perch.
Good overall ride and like mentioned 2.5 inches of lift.
If you want more height then easy to do, but up over 3-3.25 inches you would need to go to jeepinbyal upper control arms

I currently run JBA coilovers , fully adjustable but a lot more money retail is over 2500. I think now
So above is best bet to keep price lower
Many on here will say the same

Tom - here is what I have priced out for my suspension replacement this summer:

(2) Bilstein front shocks 24-139168 $172.20
(2) Bilstein rear shocks 24-139175 $147.30
(2) OME 927 front springs $334.40
(2) OME 948 rear springs $334.40
(2) teraflex 3"bump stops in front ($45)
(4) hockey puck bump stops in rear ($cheap)

I'm looking to lower the overall cost if possible - wondering if I could sub the 2.5" JBA rear coil springs ($175.95 for a set of 2) for the OME948 rear springs ($334.40 for a set of 2)? Not sure if these would work fine with the OME927 front springs, or if I would need to get a longer rear shock? Thanks for your expertise as always.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran the jba25's for about 90kmi with a steel rear bumper and several 100lbs of cargo in the back, for the first 30-45kmi they were great, loved it, after that with the weight i run, they sagged slowly and got squishy at 90k they were netting about 1.75" of lift, they're a little bit lighter ratio than the 948s , but unless you regularly hang about 500lbs off the back of your jeep they'll hold up just fine for at a minimum, 75k. unless theyve changed their source the jba25 rear coils are skyjacker softride coils , about 45lbs lower ratio than the ome948

Last edited:

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom - here is what I have priced out for my suspension replacement this summer:

(2) Bilstein front shocks 24-139168 $172.20
(2) Bilstein rear shocks 24-139175 $147.30
(2) OME 927 front springs $334.40
(2) OME 948 rear springs $334.40
(2) teraflex 3"bump stops in front ($45)
(4) hockey puck bump stops in rear ($cheap)

I'm looking to lower the overall cost if possible - wondering if I could sub the 2.5" JBA rear coil springs ($175.95 for a set of 2) for the OME948 rear springs ($334.40 for a set of 2)? Not sure if these would work fine with the OME927 front springs, or if I would need to get a longer rear shock? Thanks for your expertise as always.

never mind :signs75:...didn't realize the OME 927/948 kits are $167.20 for 2 springs. that solves the question of whether to go with the OME 948 or the JBA rear coil springs. next question is for the Bilstein rear shocks, will the part listed above (24-139175) work or do i need something longer?

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most people i've talked to prefer the 948 rear coils , ride wise they're no harsher than the jba25's they tend to last longer though

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I stated before, the correct P# for the Bilstein rear shocks is 24-185660 with 2.5" of lift

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tommudd, sorry about the bad link. I think I found the correct rear shocks, just want to make sure i have the right things before i pull the trigger and make purchases:

Front Springs: OME 2927
Front Shocks: Bilstein 24-139168 Shock Absorber for Dodge Nitro (stock Liberty fit)
Rear Springs: OME 2948
Rear Shocks: Bilstein 24-185240 4600 Series Shock Absorber (99-04 Durango 4WD)

If someone can confirm the Rear shock part #, it would be much appreciated. I'm wondering if it matters that the stock rear shock size (Bilstein 24-139175) has 12.1mm upper and lower mount eyes while the rear shock listed above for the Durango has 12mm upper and lower mount eyes? Does this mean I still need the Bilstein bushing kit from JBA? I've viewed several install how to's, hoping I can manage this in a weekend...also need to do brakes/rotors and have my new tires installed.