My Liberty is dead.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what we all must learn
or what waywardtravel is trying to tell us all
is that we know nothing
except that we all need to live vicariously through him and only then will we be all knowing and have a perfect life :Bye::yawn::freak3::shrug::whip:

or at least he stated on LOST that everyone wants to live vicariously through him
....................a laugh a day

:whip: OOOO feisty aren't we now? I stated on LOST
Quote from lost, "I live your tagline. If I had a hundred dollars for everyone I know who lives vicariously through me ,my KJ would be complete."
Here is the post I believe you are referring to,
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56945&start=20
I'm actually talking about my friends. Let's not fabricate here Mr. Mudd Synonymous with lying.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Feisty
No not at all
Just dishing out as much BS as you are,
well not as much since you have an unlimited supply it seems :shrug::party52::whip::pp:

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's fair, only inaccurate. I have a pretty thick skin and I don't take anything from here personal but I don't unjustifiably back down and I do like a challenge. If you mean B.S. in the sense of not true, enlighten me. What did I say contrary to the truth and when. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I will be the first to admit it but, I don't know what you are referring to as B.S.
Only factual statements please. :whip::badger_1:
I made you laugh this morning doesn't matter at or with, so are you going to tell me who makes your dash mounted engine computer or can bus repeater. I'm asking as nice as I can.:shrug:I really want to know:shrug:

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is the bees knees.

I want to see a candid round table discussion amongst certain parties here. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge but personal beliefs and other factors are holding back the campfire and smores.

wayward, what kind of vessel are you working on? My weekends as a child were spent on the water until I got my license but the water is my mistress.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears we have returned to normal programing. Going fishing back tonight or in the morning. WATER IS FLAT and the bite not too good!!!!!:badger_1:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I always find it enjoyable to hear someone come on and from the get go complain about Jeeps, how bad they are, mileage is terrible, but they supposedly have two. My question WHY ? If all I am going to do is complain that the KJs motor will never last, how its unproven, mileage *****, I would of never bought one in the beginning??
Then they go into longivity/mileage discussions and how 4.0 Jeeps and SBC's are superior to anything else ever built.
Then further onto mileage and how cars built in the 70s were so much better. I was working in dealerships in the 70s I know what kind of junk they were building and what mileage was. Sure a 4 cylinder Pinto with a 4 speed could get 25 MPG but it was a tin can on wheels, rusted out and gone in 4 years, is that better than what we have today?
then they try and pull in a Model T into a mileage discusion, please....
All along we all know most of it is BS or maybe / possibly talking about one particular vehicle made say in the 70s not the whole lot
Its just funny to hear some spout what I suppose a few of his friends would think of as wisdom when in fact 99% of it is BS so far. :party52::party52::party52::party52:

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey my 78 Scout Terra gets 51 mpg with the 5.6l V8..oh wait, oops, that's 5.1 mpg :icon_smile:

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon Mr. Mudd,
Is it possible for you to be honest? If you want me to point out again where you are fabricating and or lying so be it. "I have a feeling I will have to"
Man of many many years,
my father taught me "a man is only as good as his word" His father taught him that and so on. You must have been in the wrong line.
Generally speaking, when you have a ........man? who demands respect it's because he hasn't earned it.
You can insult intelligence all you want imagine a line of morals and integrity "just try to imagine for a second that it might exist". Stay on the good side. Insulting integrity and family is on the other side.
Just sayin
EDIT Wow I just noticed the reads on this thread. I better go back and check my statements,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT
EDIT 2 Insert unjustifiably before insulting integrity.

Last edited:

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is the bees knees.

I want to see a candid round table discussion amongst certain parties here. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge but personal beliefs and other factors are holding back the campfire and smores.

wayward, what kind of vessel are you working on? My weekends as a child were spent on the water until I got my license but the water is my mistress.
Sorry for delay a little busy. My real job is running a private sport fish boat.
I've downsized from Mega or super yachts for quality of life. I really do miss the travel though. I am conveniently located on the Panama canal so I am shore support for many of my old boats or companies. Seismic research, cable layers, security ship's, Tug's, and Yachts. I have a strong bug for about two months on the water though. I'm pretty sure that never goes away.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always find it enjoyable to hear someone come on and from the get go complain about Jeeps, how bad they are, mileage is terrible, but they supposedly have two. My question WHY ? If all I am going to do is complain that the KJs motor will never last, how its unproven, mileage *****, I would of never bought one in the beginning??
Then they go into longivity/mileage discussions and how 4.0 Jeeps and SBC's are superior to anything else ever built.
Then further onto mileage and how cars built in the 70s were so much better. I was working in dealerships in the 70s I know what kind of junk they were building and what mileage was. Sure a 4 cylinder Pinto with a 4 speed could get 25 MPG but it was a tin can on wheels, rusted out and gone in 4 years, is that better than what we have today?
All along we all know most of it is BS or maybe / possibly talking about one particular vehicle made say in the 70s not the whole lot
Its just funny to hear some spout what I suppose a few of his friends would think of as wisdom when in fact 99% of it is BS so far. :party52::party52::party52::party52:

TOM MUDD
Lying old fart: I always find it enjoyable to hear someone come on and from the get go complain about Jeeps, how bad they are,:pp:

Young buck: Complain about? When, where? Are you just trying to look good by lying again.:happy175::party52::party52:

Lying old fart: mileage is terrible,

Young buck: My last Chevy got around 5mpg never complained about that one or this one. Comparing and complaining are different. lying again:happy175:

Lying old fart: but they supposedly have two.

Young buck: Your so deep in your lies you’ve lost reality put your glasses on but them are fighten words, have some dignity
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56945&start=20 It’s three if you count the third one. That’s the one that really set you off,:happy175::party52:

Lying old fart: My question WHY ? If all I am going to do is complain that the KJs motor will never last, how its unproven, mileage *****, I would of never bought one in the beginning??

Young buck: point 1 and 3 are complete lies point 2 I made about ALL car manufacturers that’s actually fabricating a lie. "A" for creativity in your dilusional world.:happy175::party52:

Lying old fart: Then they go into longivity/mileage discussions and how 4.0 Jeeps and SBC's are superior to anything else ever built.

Young buck: 4.0 Jeeps? Never owned one or said a word about one. "Delusional" SBC’s I discussed yes around 65million produced, proven good engine.
The next lines just you spouting worthless opinionated B.S. not worth comments.

Its just funny to hear some spout what I suppose a few of his friends would think of as wisdom when in fact 99% of it is BS so far.

Young Buck: I left your misspelled words from your original post.:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
Come on I’ve seen you reading these recent posts. Cat got your tongue or have you just started trying to be an honorable man your grandkids can be proud of. This documentation never goes away.:happy175::icon_twisted::party52::Bye:
The only thing that bugs me is you are a goverment employee. I hope it's not USA if it is I hope you don't retire from it. That would be a failing system

Last edited:

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do. We can walk into the GM dealer and buy a 4bolt main 350 and other SBC and BBC even stroker's with a 100,000mile warranty. I've never tried to take them or anyone else for that matter up on a warranty. I would never say it's technologically the best engine compared to todays engines because I don't believe that to be true. By the time Chevy had a 4bolt main 350 most of the weaknesses in that engine had been cured. I know Ford had a 4bolt main before them. I'm pretty sure it's the most retrofited engine in the world of all time. I think it will be beat out in the future but I mean currently. Flooded the market maybe as all the big three did with their engines lowering the production cost's of their cars and trucks.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waywardtravel said:
Come on I’ve seen you reading these recent posts. Cat got your tongue or have you just started trying to be an honorable man your grandkids can be proud of.

He's probably just sick of an argument with someone who already knows everything:happy175:

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's probably just sick of an argument with someone who already knows everything:happy175:

I think that's an opinionated constructive statement. Something debatable

But as Mr Mudd has clearly depicted many times previous it's only a personal attack and he is a person without merit. He has to fabricate lies to better his response and put himself on that pedastal. Honorable people don't lie. At least not so blatantly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see where you can not debate an issue, you need to change things and what others have said to make it appear that you know what you are talking about.
We all come on these to talk about various things be it engines, trannys, women. When someone comes on and says that the 3.7 is unproven, cars in the 70s got better mileage ( page two) then its on for discussion.
You my good friend have made a lot of remarks jumping from here to there but never really discussing what you have posted you just jump to something else putting down words like someone else said them.
Now you have called me a liar etc. That is your opinion and they are like belly buttons everyone has one. You don't know me, you haven't talked to me, only at me twisting my words.
But what I like to do is have a good straight on discussion, say for example why you think the 3.7 is unproven when several 100,000 thousand have been produced. Or why since you don't like Jeeps ( again on page two) you have two of them, why not a older Blazer for example. Even yourself have said parts are easier to come by. So why do you own a Jeep?
No attacking just a discussion of facts.
so
1. List why the 3.7 is unproven ?
2. Why do you own a Jeep?
3. Why do you not own a Chevrolet of any make since they are cheaper and easier to get parts for?
These are things we can discuss and not call people liars,
and having personal attacks
Do remember Debating back in High School and College?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do. We can walk into the GM dealer and buy a 4bolt main 350 and other SBC and BBC even stroker's with a 100,000mile warranty. I've never tried to take them or anyone else for that matter up on a warranty. I would never say it's technologically the best engine compared to todays engines because I don't believe that to be true. By the time Chevy had a 4bolt main 350 most of the weaknesses in that engine had been cured. I know Ford had a 4bolt main before them. I'm pretty sure it's the most retrofited engine in the world of all time. I think it will be beat out in the future but I mean currently. Flooded the market maybe as all the big three did with their engines lowering the production cost's of their cars and trucks.
Yeah and not one is legal for road use in anything newer then at least a '89.They are not even the same design as the older SBC's and BBC's,there the LS series which has no ties to the older SBC's and BBC's.The "crate motors" that are the older design are not new blocks.

The only SBC block worth anything is a 4 bolt main one stamped "Made in Mexico" and getting very hard to find,all others are not worth the iron they are catsed out of.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see where you can not debate an issue, you need to change things and what others have said to make it appear that you know what you are talking about.
We all come on these to talk about various things be it engines, trannys, women. When someone comes on and says that the 3.7 is unproven, cars in the 70s got better mileage ( page two) then its on for discussion.
You my good friend have made a lot of remarks jumping from here to there but never really discussing what you have posted you just jump to something else putting down words like someone else said them.
Now you have called me a liar etc. That is your opinion and they are like belly buttons everyone has one. You don't know me, you haven't talked to me, only at me twisting my words.
But what I like to do is have a good straight on discussion, say for example why you think the 3.7 is unproven when several 100,000 thousand have been produced. Or why since you don't like Jeeps ( again on page two) you have two of them, why not a older Blazer for example. Even yourself have said parts are easier to come by. So why do you own a Jeep?
No attacking just a discussion of facts.
so
1. List why the 3.7 is unproven ?
2. Why do you own a Jeep?
3. Why do you not own a Chevrolet of any make since they are cheaper and easier to get parts for?
These are things we can discuss and not call people liars,
and having personal attacks
Do remember Debating back in High School and College?

1st as stated on page 2
" The real problem today in my opinion is that not enough cars are built around a power train. We are forced to buy unproven and unreliable and made to fail cars/trucks and Jeeps which the auto manufactures blame on heightening EPA restrictions. How did we have reliable 50MPG variable valve timing cars in the 70's and why do we have to select from this crap of today?"

Notice the in my opinion part and notice not attacking the 3.7 nor did I ever state that it is a bad engine. I do feel ALL auto manufacturers have changed. One major part is I'm not old to some but I'm old school to most. Adding too much electronics to a jeep takes away from being able to fix it on the trail. Little things like having to have a computer that matches your vin within three months, or having your brakes stop your car for you when you have a bad sensor, can limit your fun on trails or highways or in foreign countries where parts are not available. How many spares can one stock. I mean but didn't describe it well unreliable/unproven because they break and you have to go to the dealer. Also from this thread. Me saying
" I've not followed the automobile industry since about 2005 so I will say I'm ill educated. "
If the 3.7 was used in the six or so automobiles as stated in Marlon's post I didn't know that and I am very surprised if they have produced 7 million.
That's what I stated. "I find it very hard to believe." If it's fact it's fact. I still would/do find it very hard to believe.
Got to go, I'll be right back.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. Why do I own a/ Jeeps.
Because I like Jeeps. I am not in the USA at this time. In Panama finding any North American automobile in half decent shape is more than difficult.
I had a 68 Chevelle stolen from storage in the states. It took about 8months for the insurance to pay out because I was not aware it was stolen until 3 1/2 years after it was a "stolen recovery" striped of everything but body panels and headliner pretty much. During that 8 months I was looking for another mode of transport with a roof. I found this KJ with low miles for $10,500 so I bought it and I am very happy with it. I do wish I could go a couple of inches higher with it but that's not going to happen unless it has a major mechanical failure. Engine or front end collision or something like that. I.E. that happens I will "timing considered" put a SBC 4bolt main 350 with a SFA if possible I have not measured anything yet, I don’t know what trans/transfer case combo might fit. I would do it because I would be STOKED by the power gain and ground/tire clearance. I don't yet know about the computer related issues but anything can be overcome. Most computers can be tricked into thinking the lin table is in the correct parameter if necessary.

3. Why don't I own a Chevy now. If the roads were have decent here and I could afford it I would like a LS6 or LS7 car. Needing space for hauling things around and driving through two feet of water to buy supplies rules that out. New truck Duramax maybe but at $15,000 extra for importation taxes and lack of a decent service dept. No Way.

I remember debate pretty well, the goal was to do it without purgery "well we weren't swarn in" but even creativity has a line.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and not one is legal for road use in anything newer then at least a '89.They are not even the same design as the older SBC's and BBC's,there the LS series which has no ties to the older SBC's and BBC's.The "crate motors" that are the older design are not new blocks.

The only SBC block worth anything is a 4 bolt main one stamped "Made in Mexico" and getting very hard to find,all others are not worth the iron they are catsed out of.

Panama has no emissions or safety testing at this time. If you can built it you can run it, more or less. You know I would not retrofit to any vehicle anything less than a four bolt. Ford had a good run with the 460 in jet boats mostly and with the 351 Crusader in many small boats. I'm long away from the smaller boat industry but That 4bolt main was pretty proven at 4000R.P.M. for hours at a time in tons of boats through the 80's and 90's. I know it's not a GM after Mercruiser get's their hands on it.

Members online

No members online now.